Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Years! (Almost)

Hurray, for another year has nearly passed! And so on and so forth...

I don't have all that much to say, really. Oh, right, I could conjour up some resolutions that have nary a chance of being kept. [Heheh, I used "nary" in a sentence...PROPERLY! Hahaha...but I digress...]

***

New Year's Resolutions, 2006

1) Increase motivation. For everything.
2) Strengthen willpower. For everything.

***

Yup, that just about covers it. Heheheh...

I mean, what else is there? Think about it. All resolutions fall under these two main categories. For example, "work out more often"= 1, "stop eating sweets"= 2, "study more often"= 1, "start sleeping at a reasonable hour"= 2. Etc etc...

Even if you find some resolution outside of these two categories, they are merely secondary or tertiary to an assumed resolution necessary for its completion. For example, "Ask a girl out on a date." For this to happen, I'll have to increase my self-confidence, which is what would happen if I started to work out more, which requires more motivation to do so, which is Resolution 1. Also, I would have to socialize more often in order to increase potentials, which would mean less time sitting at home watching tv or playing video games, which would require an increase in willpower to do so, which is Resolution 2.

Nope, ah-ah, don't fight it. It's the perfect system. Woo-ha!

[Alright, so it's kind of a copout, but it's much more productive than trying to list all the things that are wrong with me right now. That's just a downer. Heheh...]

Until next time, I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger McAnerbot said...

Those are some freaking GENERAL resolutions.

But how will you strength your willpower to resist skanking at the next Reel Big Fish concert?

HOW?!?

That's right, you won't.

Thus, you've already failed half of your resolutions.

SPECIFICS man. SPECIFICS!!!

3:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heheh, I believe you failed to realize the sarcasm in this post. This was just a quick lashing out against trying to force myself to write resolutions that I know I won't keep. Hence, the bracketed part near the end.

3:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home