Friday, December 30, 2005

Ballet Night

Went to the Ballet today, watched Nutcracker. And I've gotta say, it was SURPRISINGLY AWESOME. Especially the first act, that was just cool. Second act was more normal ballet-ish, with much less of a plot. But amazing nonetheless. And man, there were TONS of music that I recognized, but had no idea that it was from the Nutcracker! Simply amazing. Although, I don't see why the guys have to wear the tights. That's just not right. I'm sure they're uber comfortable, and necessary for their spectacular feats of physical aptitude, but still...

Anyways, some scenes in particular I liked more than others. Like when all the kids were synchronized dancing w/ each other, or the snowfall scene when it was really coming down (snow is pretty, even if I had no clue what was going on at the time, hehe), and the whole cannon fighting thing was cool. Also of note, I actually remember that cool flappy clock thingy from when I was little! Now that's just cool. Out of all the second act, I found the spanish dancers most appealing, just 'cause that fan was cool. Oh, and the russian dancers made me think of hapkido, with all the spinning jumps and stuff. Heheh.

Also, because we all went to the ballet, everyone was all dressed up, all pretty and awesome looking. Although, some were more awesome looking than others, if you know what I mean, lol...

Oh wait, you might not know what I mean, as that last sentence was slightly ambiguous, so just to make it clear, I was talking about how certain people considered themselves underdressed. Or wait, no, by underdressed I meant not wearing a tie, shirt untucked kinda underdressed. As in, not meaning a lack of clothing underdressed. Although, the amount of clevage was slightly disconcerting. I mean, it's not like I was staring or trying to notice, AT ALL, but it's just right there, and you can't help but to notice, but then after you notice you have to immediately focus on something else as to not stare, which is rather bothersome, although quite necessary, 'cause you shouldn't stare, as that's not couth...

Heheh, wow, I'm starting to ramble...Heheh, couth is a word...inside joke kinda thing right there...anyways, getting myself outta this hole I'm digging...moving along...

So, after the ballet, a bunch of us went to the Urban Grind, where the Bread Garden used to be across from Lansdowne on Cooney. And by a bunch of us, I mean Reuben, Andrew, Mark, Nate, Bernard, Caitlin, Mai, Agatha, Sheena, and myself. I ended up buying some indian food (as Reuben was going to buy that, and he made it sound rather appealing) along with some chai. Although, it was more filling than I expected, so I gave Reuben half my food. Heheh. Although, if I knew we were going to Tim Hortons after, I probably wouldn't have bought from there. But, yummy nonetheless. And man, hanging out with everyone is always awesome. Especially tonight, what with the after-ballet, riding in the van singing weezer, emotional high. Good times. Good times indeed.

Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the mind of a recently cultured, recently extroverty, Introverted Extrovert.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

OOOWEEEOOO I look just like buddy holly!

6:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home