Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Ramblings of an Incoherent Man

No internet at home, so no blogging last night...I'll start with what I wanted to post yesterday, then continue from there...

Man, I'm such a freakin' pansy! I mean, there she was, just walking down the hallway, me right behind her (I'm assuming she was unawares), so I had my chance to at least go up and talk to her...but did I do such a simple task?!? NOOOO, I had to wimp out and just watch her walk down those stairs...that was kinda annoying...Also, ironically, as I was walking out to my ride, lo and behold, I saw Dianne, the girl I constantly wimped out on every wednesday...and although my ride was right there, I at least said hi to her and what not...I thought it was kinda ironic that right after I wimped out on Priscilla, the girl I had previously wimped out on appears, and then be able to talk to her...seeing Dianne made me reconsider my whole focusing-on-Priscilla thing I was gonna start to do...so I dont' know..."I'll see what pans out", haha...such a copout...either way, I'm still a freakin' pansy...

Anyways, when I got home, I was kinda still bummed out, feeling sorry for myself kinda deal...so I did what any other self-deprecating man would do; I watched sports. And not actual games, oh no, the recaps of the sports news...and the funny thing is, I wasn't even terribly interested in it, I just wanted to sulk around and sit down...

Unfortunately for me, I didn't take the opportunity to grab the bathroom when I could, 'cause my little sister decided to have a freakin hour-long shower, taking up the hot water...then I waited for about half an hour or so until there was more hot water, but then my other sister decided to have a freakin' long-ass shower! So I resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to have a shower for quite a while...therefore, after I finished watching some daily show and the conan monologue (a rerun), I just went for the computer...

Well, I soon realized that there was no internet, thus limiting anything that I usually did on the comp [this in no way implying what you think I might be implying, har har har]. So after some careful consideration, with hearing my sister still in the shower, I decided to play some Heroes of Might and Magic II to pass the time...I knew it was already 1am, and that I had a class in seven hours, but I didn't care, I had to kill some time; besides, I was feeling sorry for myself, and Heroes II (my most favourite game of all time, btw) always seems to cheer me up, if only artificially. I mean, it's a complete nostalgic experience which takes me back to my carefree days of my youth..."Ah, my faithful vassel...", just beautiful...

Anyways, for any of you who know what kind of game Heroes of Might and Magic II is, needless to say I ended up playing for quite a while, even when the shower became free...to put it simply, HOMMII is a turn-based strategy game, and with good turn-based strategy comes the phenomenon commonly referred to as the "Just One More Turn" effect...in laymens terms, the game's extremely, freakishly addictive! I mean, you wanna get off, but then if you just play the next turn, you'll be able to get to the next town, or reach that treasure chest, or fight those monsters, or buy some more reinforcements, and on and on and on...

So anyways, after completing the first scenario of the campaign (and really REALLY wanting to play the next one), I realized that it was already almost 3am, and that I had to wake up at 7, thus severely limiting my sleep...plus, I still had to take a shower! Heh...but oh man, lack of sleep was well worth the joy I received from playing Heroes II...

Well, by the time I actually was in bed trying to sleep, it was already 3:30am, so I set my alarm for 7:15 and went to bed...well, funny thing, I actually woke up on time, had my quick wake-up shower, ate some food, and STUPIDLY drank a can of coke. I say stupidly, because I usually take my 10 o'clock nap on 3rd floor after my class, but since I'm so sensitive to caffeine, I just couldn't get sleepy enough...I put my head down, but it just wasn't gonna happen...so anyways, went to the comp lab, surfed around, commented once again on sheena's thing (man, 19 comments and counting...), shar came, we were quite shocked while blog-surfing, roger came, then at 12 we all went back, w/ shar having the class and us done on the comp...

Roger and I then met up with Mohsin and Jined (sp? sorry man) and we decided to go eat...Goon actually wimping out and decided to go to the library to study [man, Goon studying...it's like everything's gone all fiddle faddle foo!]. Anyways, while walking down, we saw Kris Michelle and Wesley on their way to all-you-can-eat sushi...we, of course, decided to tag along...

Man, Sui Sha Ya was gooood...I mean, I know there's rats and what not, and I didn't really wanna spend $13 bucks, but at the time it seemed worth it...not only for the gourging, but also the awesome comraderie...I don't know, maybe it was because of my sleep-lacked state, but I've got no regrets (at the moment, at least)...anyways, one thing I remembered there was how Jined, without ever trying wasabi before, desides to give it a taste...so what does he do? He grabs a bunch of the paste and sticks it in his mouth! Haha...except, he wasn't phased at all...so he then took a huge chunk, and still he was barely phased...I caught him with the small flinch, but still, only a small flinch when eating a hunk of wasabi as big as my thumbnail, that's freakin' impressive...

Anyways, went back to school, had math class, did freakin' integration by parts and partial fractions...we went waaaayyy to freakin' fast, I say, 'cause I only started getting it at the end, and only somewhat...I swear, even though I don't think Hofstead's not as bad as everyone makes her out to be, she's still quite close...

After class, talked with kris for a while, just a bunch of nothing, as I remembered...oh yes, went from getting a DS (cause steve is looking for buyers), to final fantasy, to early NES games in general, to getting an MDG computer, to the MDG computer informercials, to the song from said informercials, to CHRIS SHEPPARD AND LOVE INC!!! (man, couldn't remember it at the time, that was kinda annoying both of us), to 90's music in general, then to 90's trivial pursuit...then some other unmemorable things (as I have forgotten them), and then he had to catch the bus...

Then, after trying to put my head down again (feeling groggy from the all-you-can-eat), but to no avail...then I tried inserting myself into the bernard-v.rob-steve conversation, but kinda hard, as they were talking about their physics test...therefore, I decided to just get onto the comp to kill time 'til my class at 7...

Wow, I just blogged about a whole bunch of nothing, eh? But as it states in the title, I am kinda incoherent at the moment...feeling somewhat out of it...it's like lack of sleep at the Interphase show at reuben's place, except without the fun happy...

Anyways, I seem to have ran out of things to rant about today...onto tonight...well, I'm probably gonna get home by 10ish (probably 10 something), so hopefully I'll just have my shower and get to bed...However, my most likely plan of action: Heroes of Might and Magic II!!! If there's still no internet, of course...but man, I need my sleep...I guess I'll just see what happens tonight then...

And after an hour of blogging in my semi-coherent state, I bid thee adieu...until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the diminished mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home