Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happy Birthday (party) Tito Artur!

Well, it's been an up-then-down-then-up-again kinda day today...but I might as well start from the beginning...

Church was nice today, friends, topic-wise, etc etc...actually was feeling pretty good...but then I had a scuffle with my dad about the ride situation...once again having to wait so freakin' long, apparently a "miscommunication" w/ my mom or something...got frustrated and did my patented wandering-around-in-a-half-stupor wanting-to-be-alone thing...but whatever, fact remained that I got semi-depressed once again...

So when I got home, around 3pm-ish, decided to actually go take a nap...with the lack of sleep of the past few weeks, plus the feeling mentally/emotionally tired from the past few days, I was just physically exhausted...oh, and as a side note, I've always planned to take naps after church, catch up and what not, but I always seem to get sucked onto the comp, or guitar, or something...but not today! I actually got sleep! 3 hrs! Haha...

Anyways, I've gotta say that I had an amazing dream...it had everything I'd ever want in a good dream...school-ish type drama, some action/running sequence (actually me w/ a backpack dodging sprinklers/waterhoses, w/ Roger cheering me on to get past, or something...), and, of course, a romance...and no, not the "getting busy with a busty blonde" type romance, oh no, I mean a real romance...the kind where you give glances, and they smile, so you smile back; you accidentally brush their hand, and you both start to blush; you say some witty remark, and they give this amazing smile that just lets you know that they like you...that kind of romance...and in my dream, I remember this girl (never really dream about girls I know though, if you're wondering), we were on computers side by side, and I don't know why, but her mouse/computer kept moving closer to mine, where we'd have to accidently brush hands and legs, or something, and she gave these cute smiles, etc etc...so, needless to say, I was feeling pretty good when I woke up...

And when I woke up, it was already 6:15, meaning that the family party at my place was just about to start! So my mom phoned me, (she was out buying chow mein or something), waking me up, and I scrambled around trying to set everything up nicely and all that...it was my uncle's b-day party, even though it was his actual birthday the week before, but he was busy so we had the party tonight...and yes, it's the uncle that always takes me to fancy restaurants and stuff...so we had tons of food, and tons of relatives coming over...although Tim and Alvin, my same-aged cousins, never showed until later, so I was kinda bored until then...but there were a few baby-type kids, ages 1 and 4, and they were really cute...

Which reminds me, in Philipino culture/language, when you're cousins have a kid, does that make you an uncle? 'Cause that always confused me, esp. when I was younger...when my cousin had a kid when I was 6, people all called me an uncle; in class, I had to write a name-poem thing about myself, and in the "U" I put down "Uncle", because I thought I was an uncle...my teacher was confused, because she knew I was the oldest in my family, so when she asked why I thought I was an uncle, I told her that my cousin had a kid...that was actually kinda funny, looking back on it, lol...

Anyways, the party eventually died down around 10-11ish, when most people left, but the last people left after midnight...you know, those family members that continue to talk well after everyone's left? Yeah...but all in all, good food, good family, good t.v. watching, good times...

Haha, we watched Drawn Together...that cartoon is AWESOME!!! All these freakin' parodies are soo funny! Parody of sponge bob, link, superman, pussy-cat (as in Josie, but the black one), Ariel, betty boop, pikachu, and this hilarious internet cartoon pig! Lol! Haha, the best part was definately the disney-type musical number about frenching w/ a black girl! HAHAHA! Or no, when Xandir did his flute thingy! HAHA! Or no, when the pig did the "I loooove racism! *eyebrow moves up and down*" LOL! Or no, when...aw jeez, I could do this all night! Heh...

Anyways, to sum up, today ended up being a pretty nice day...and tomorrow, I study!!! MIDTERMS!!! GAAHHHH!!! Crap, math too! GAAHHH!!! But not to worry, me be actually doing work, and not wasting the day away again...no, really! lol...

Oh right, one more thing before I go off to sleep, I was thinking it over, and I realized I might have to clarify some things...

At the party, there really was a girl that I wanted to impress, but unfortunately it was not to be, for things happened that kinda turned me off...smoking of the cigar is just gross, at least to me...so, well...whatever, it's gonna be known eventually anyways...lets just say that I, uh, don't really wanna impress, uh, burnaby jean anymore...um, yeah...heheh...

Or was this really just a ploy to take attention away from the girl I really wanted to impress? And by naming an actual girl at the party this would seem completely believable? Or was this all some sort of cockamamie scheme I created to spice up my non-existant love life? Or is this series of questionings just a ruse in-and-of itself to lessen the embarrassment of letting everyone know I liked jean in the first place?? Hmmmm?? Haha, makes you wonder, eh? This is the kind of overanalyzing I do with just about everything that ever happens to me...kind of annoying, aint it?

Anyways, with this long-winded ending, I bid thee...uh...a hardy "see-you-later", lol...

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home