Monday, November 22, 2004

Ah yes, the weekend...

Had a nice couple of days I guess...

Saturday night, after I dropped my mom off at work, I dropped by David's house for a bit, because I was in the neighborhood...Alan was there too...we played some NHL 2k5 on the PS2 for a bit, and I must say, hockey games are fun as heck! But the new ones aren't as cool as the old 16-bit generation ones in the 90's...now you're not able to take your goalie across the rink and shoot! lol...but still fun nonetheless :-)

Thought I'd come over to make sure I wouldn't get lost today [sunday] for the actual party, lol...oh, and also apparently to practice the game so I wouldn't look like an idiot, haha...

And then I went home, had a shower, went on the comp to get some chords of songs, played some songs for a bit...then stupidly, at about 3a.m., I decided to start looking at my options for next year; see if I'm actually able to stay in Kwantlen another year without messing up my UBC degree scheduling...let's just say I had a tequila sunrise experience, minus the tequila...

Turns out that a lot of the 2nd year commerce courses aren't available in Kwantlen, so my dream of completing my Kwantlen diploma alongside my UBC degree was significantly crushed...realized that the only way I'd be able to get the diploma with the degree would be to take another year of schooling, but that'd mean I'd have 7 total years of schooling! That's so frickin much! However, it might turn out that I'll have to take another year anyways, if I don't get the courses I need next semester...stupid frickin only-one-class-offered courses, and stupid late registration date...

But now I'm torn: if I get my courses, then I'll be able to go to UBC next year and finish my degree on time; if I don't get my courses, I'm going to have to take another year at Kwantlen and finish my degree a year later. But which one do I really want??? On the one hand, I really want to get to UBC, and really I see it as the logical choice...but on the other hand, I'm having the time of my life at Kwantlen! I have so many great friends there, and I know a bunch are coming back next year, not to mention getting another diploma...and that extra year isn't so bad, is it? My head is telling me it's better to just go to UBC and get it over with, but my heart's telling me to stay at Kwantlen...

But whatever, I still have tons of time to figure that stuff out...I should worry about more important short term goals, like doing my frickin homework! haha...

Anyways, after a few hours of doing that, I decided to figure out the best schedule for my courses (again by using excel) , and jeez, is my schedule ever gonna be crap next semester, lol...best case scenario, I'll have fridays off and classes will be evenly spaced out, but I highly doubt that'll happen...worst case scenario, I'll have a bunch of 8am and 7-10 classes...simply horrible! Well, my absolute worst case scenario is still not getting the courses that I need, but I'll worry about that if and when it happens.

By this time, it was already close to 7:30am, about time I should get to sleep, haha...ended up sleeping in until about 2:30ish, not counting the numerous interruptions by my family, haha...

Well, woke up just in time to watch the Grey Cup, and that was a little disappointing...after the first quarter, the lions weren't looking so hot...ended up losing 27-19, so that kinda dampened my mood a bit, but hey it's just football...lol.

After the game, I played a bit on the guitar (man, I love those 90's songs!), then at about 7:30pm I drove to the gathering at David's place. As it turns out, his team actually won their first playoff game, so the party started later than it would've, lol...funny, because they were the worst team in their division, never even had a win, and yet the other team sucked that much worse (ended 5-1)!

So I met a bunch of his friends, and we had a good time playing video games and eating junk food and what not...I stayed until midnight, but most of the group left earlier to catch the bus to UBC...it's funny, because most people had 8am classes, yet everyone who was invited came...it's nice to know where everyone's priorities lie, eh? Hehe...

And so I drove back home, got on the comp, surfed the net a bit, guitar'd it up, blog'd it up, and now it's 3:30 in the morning, and I'm still fairly awake, haha...maybe because I've only been awake for about 12 hours...but oh well :-)

Man, that's weird...right after I wrote that, I suddenly became tired...strange how that always happens, eh? Maybe it's a sign that I should actually get some sleep, lol...

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told throught the mind of an introverted extrovert.

[Edit: Wow, I use way too many lol's and haha's...lol, haha!]
[Edit #2: It's 7:20a.m., and I haven't slept yet. I think I might be slightly addicted to playing the guitar...found all these tabs, just had to play...hehe]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home