Friday, November 19, 2004

Wow, it's 2am!

Man, it's late...wanna go to sleep, but I'd rather blog!

First of all, according to The Political Compass,
Economic Left/Right = -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian = -1.12

And this means that I'm left and slightly below center...which kinda confuses me, because I thought I'd be more smack dab in the middle...I don't know, I blame it on my super-left wing sociology teacher...

Today was my sociology midterm...for the essay question, I wrote a whole bunch of left-wing nonsense, hoping that she'll give a few sympathy marks or something for having the same views as her, lol...

Anyways, things happened the last few days, but meh...swimming, eating with friends, eating with uncle...that's about it I guess. Oh, and finally traded pokemon :-)

Man, I'm really getting back into the mid-90's "softer" rock, as Reuben suggested it be called...you know, that slower kinda emo-ish alternative-esque style? Kinda hard to describe, but includes songs like "Evan and Jaron - Crazy for this Girl", "Sister Hazel - All For You", "Tonic - Mean to Me", and other such songs...

Oh, and it also includes my current favourite song:

Vertical Horizon
"Everything You Want"

Somewhere there's speakingIt's already coming in
Oh and it's rising at the back of your mind...
You never could get it
Unless you were fed it
Now you're here and you don't know why...

But under skinned knees and the skid marks
Past the places where you used to learn...
You howl and listen
Listen and wait for the
Echoes of angels who won't return...

[Chorus]
He's everything you want
He's everything you need
He's everything inside of you
That you wish you could be...
He says all the right things
At exactly the right time
But he means nothing to you
And you don't know why...

You're waiting for someone
To put you together...
You're waiting for someone to push you away...
There's always another wound to discover...
There's always something more you wish he'd say...

[Chorus]

But you'll just sit tight
And watch it unwind
It's only what you're asking for...
And you'll be just fine
With all of your time
It's only what you're waiting for...

Out of the island
Into the highway
Past the places where you might have turned...
You never did notice
But you still hide away
The anger of angels who won't return...

[Chorus]

I am everything you want
I am everything you need
I am everything inside of you
That you wish you could be...
I say all the right things
At exactly the right time
But I mean nothing to you and
I don't know why...
And I don't know why...
Why...
I don't know...

That song's just awesome! You know what else is awesome? The name Vertical Horizon...really, just think about it...it's cool! You know another cool band name? The Tragically Hip...it's just so deep...

Anyways, I think I'm really liking these songs because they all have acoustic guitar sounds to them, which means that I'm able to play the simple chords and sound really cool :-) Thanks again you guys for getting me into that whole guitar thing! Hehe...

But it's 2:30am, and I gots school tomorrow! So off I go! Hope I didn't miss anything important...lol

Until next time, I guess...



--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home