Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sooo much...

Wow, I have so much to say...where do I begin...?

Hmmm...reverse chronological order it shall be...

Well, it's 11:13pm on sunday night, and I just finished watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on my computer...that movie is absolutely the best movie ever in existance! Every single thing about that movie seemed perfect to me...everything. But the thing that gets me the most is that I related so well to the main character, Joel: ...He says nice! I say nice! The girl got annoyed because he said nice too much! I had the exact same conversation with my ex! That's frickin unbelieveable! But now that I think about it, that's probably why I like that movie so much...so many similarities with my own experiences. I pretty much had that conversation when they were under the covers with the sun beaming down, too...I swear, that movie is amazing. That movie is like what happened to me. Well, except I usually don't remember the good times myself, and I was clingier towards the end...but I guess I was as much as a jackass as Joel...

But nevermind, I can talk about this movie some other time, I have more things I gotta write about...

The next of which being that I went to the Giants game tonight! My friend Krystle couldn't make it, so she gave her tickets to me. Mind you, this was at 4:15ish, and the game started at 5! So there was a rush to go to vancouver and pick up the tickets at her house, then to the pacific colluseum, but we did get there on time! Hmmm, we being my sister and I, because I took my little sister to go watch it...nm...anyways, my parents dropped us off (because parking's a hassle) and we went and watched the game. The game was awesome! First period was tight, which included a fight (yeah!), ended 1-1, then in the second the Giants really turned it on, got a couple of nice goals, ended 3-1 going into the third...but in the third, they just lost it! A goal by the Kootenay Ice within the first minute, then the Giants just played sloppy the rest of the third, and the game ended 4-3 Ice...that sucks! But hey, that's the breaks, I guess. Oh, and the seats we had were pretty nice, a few rows back from the players, but it did make it a little difficult to see the game...but hearing the coach was pretty cool! "Gilbert's line!" "What the hell was that, Lamb! Wake up!" lol, it was pretty cool...but then there was the whole fiasco of me thinking I'd lost my cellphone, and having to wait 40mins for my dad to pick us up...but it's all good, and I ended up back home at around 8:30ish.

And prior to all this chaos, I watched the Lions game! GO LIONS!!! That game was frickin awesome! Two awesome field goals by O'Mahoney! OVERTIME!!! And they're going to the grey cup against the Argos! That's just perfect! Toronto vs. Vancouver! Damon Allen vs. his old team! That's just cool! We gotta watch it next week you guys!

Haha...anyways, prior to that, I was at the youth retreat at hope! Man, this is gonna be a long posting! lol

Well, first thing off, Crystal couldn't make it, which sucked...but I thought I saw her there, and was starting to get worked up, but I got a closer look, and it wasn't her...aww...But aside from that, I guess it was a pretty good weekend. The problem was, it was already half over when I got there friday night (since it started on Thursday), and people already got to know each other in their groups and stuff...so I was really shy and didn't say much because I didn't know anybody in my group...near the end, I started to feel more comfortable, but then it was already sunday and time to go!

Also, I could only make it to one "Break-Out" session, which were pretty much stations that gave lessons on different topics...well, they were more exciting than I'm probably making them out to be, lol...and the one I went to was "Dating in the Spirit", which is pretty much about how god should be in your lives, part of the relationship and stuff like that...made some really interesting points, I've gotta say...made me think and stuff...Oh, and one more thing, Krystle was really funny about this, because she was saying how all the guys she liked before were pretty much out of the question now; "Hmm, that speaker had some good points...but now there's nobody to like! Because he's out, and definately not him...and all the Adventist guys are scary!" Hahaha!

Oh, the food there was amazing...and all vegetarian! But I definately ate way too much...for example, for saturday lunch, I had roasted potatoes and these awesome veggie patties with mushroom gravy, and a bunch of other side dishes (I think salad with the fake bacon stuff), so I piled on my plate and ate everything...but then mashed potatoes came out! Frickin mashed potatoes! I'd gotta had some of that! So I piled them on my plate, and gots some more veggie patties and took some gravy...and mmmm, it was good! But my stomach felt like it would explode! Haha, had to take a nap afterwards to digest...I know, sleeping after stuffing your face is supposed to be bad, but whatever...it was a nice nap! lol

And another thing I realised...I look disgusting! I mean I saw some of the pictures they took of me in the slide show, and man I looked horrible! I don't know if they just got me on my bad side (I have a bad side?), or if I just didn't care so much about my looks, or if I do really look that horrible, or whatever, but sheesh! I gotta take better care of myself! Do you guys think I look horrible? Wait, nevermind, I don't think anyone would give a straight answer, lol...anyways enough of this subject while I'm still in a sorta good mood...

Onto the next thing I remember about the weekend...my frickin tiny bag! Krystle kept telling me to keep packing to a minimum, because the car going there isn't going to be very big & won't fit very many things in the trunk, etc etc...so I take everything outta my schoolbag, stuff it full of clothes etc (and a bunch of things I didn't need to pack, like a towel, and frickin snow pants!), making it look like my bag is about to explode, and brought it with me. But lo and behold, Krystle brings all this junk that's 3 times bigger than my stuff! Haha! Kinda was annoyed, but then I just laughed about it...lol...but the funniest thing, though, was that Elana took this tiny frickin bag with her! With like nothing in it! Haha...

But anyways, enough talk about frivolous things from the retreat...to sum up how I felt about the whole thing, I wish I was there for the whole thing, because it would've really been quite a lot better for me...but as it was, I thought it was okay...the previous years' ones were really amazing, and I had to compare this year's to lasts'. This weekend's testimonials weren't as emotional as earlier, so that was kinda disappointing, but then again, maybe that just means that, collectively, everyone had less problems to deal with, which is pretty cool I guess...

Yeah, I thought last years retreat was really amazing...everything was relevant, the main speaker had some really good points that I took to heart, it snowed overnight and the mountains turned from green to white (it was beautiful...and the reason why I brought snowpants this year!)...and to cap it off, I shared a moment with a really nice girl...

But I don't know, I might not be going next year...it's really supposed to be a youth event, 14+, and it's getting quite expensive actually...but I don't know, it's a year away and a lot can change in a year...

And here I am, 12:13am, an hour later than I started...I think this should be enough for one day, don't you? lol

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

[oh man, that reminds me! I'm like the freakin rhesus monkey in the video I saw in psych! I was born introverted! When I'm away from familiar things, I revert back to my shy self! Then I get to know the sitation, and become comfortable, and become more extroverted, lol! I realized this when I was super shy at the retreat, haha...and also, this is how I now consider myself: a re-introverted extroverted introvert, who, when comfortable in his surroundings, become re-extroverted...but that's just complicated, so introverted extrovert will do just nicely :-P]

{So until next time, I guess...lol}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home