Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hmmm...

Okay, so I've got a question...Is it okay to like someone who doesn't like you back? I say this because throughout my life, I've seen it happen many times...most of the time it's my friends, but yes I've done this before as well...and although most of the time it's harmless superstar crushes, sometimes it's with actual people...and that's when the drama starts up...

Personally, I don't see the point in liking someone who won't reciprocate your feelings, because usually it's just a waste of time, and it blinds you from others who could actually like you...this is all based on previous experiences, mind you...but then again, having that fantasy is nice while it lasts, eh?

So what's the point of all this, you might ask? Simply put, it seems like all my different groups of friends are going through this kind of thing in one form or another...so I thought I might as well write my semi-rhetorical question down to archive this amusing moment of my life...

...SCHAWING!!!

Anyways, this kinda reminds me of a song I like, probably my most favourite song btw, because it's all about a guy who misinterprets a girls feelings towards him...and now he's sad...hehe

"Dumb Like That"
by Vroom

I think I've seen every star in the sky tonight
Removed from the city lights, it's never seemed so bright...
I know I shouldn't believe a word you say,
I do anyway, cause I'm dumb like that.

Oh...
In all the words I've given to you,
When you smiled I thought that it meant something else.
You were just being yourself, being nice,
You're always rather polite...
To me...

You let me down again, when you ignored the things I said to you.
If I was scared of you then maybe I could leave...
And if I walked away right now,
There would be nothing left for me to lose but doubt.

I Never fell so far for anyone before,
Never again I swore,
With you hope was restored...
You make me feel like I've been torn apart
I don't like that at all. I've lost control...

Oh...
In all the words I've given to you,
I poured my heart out into an empty coffee cup,
You drank it up,
& left me here to drown...
Alone...

You let me down again, when you ignored the things I said to you.
If I was scared of you, then maybe I could leave...
Cause if I walked away right now,
There would be nothing left for me to lose, but,
I can't lose you...I can't lose you...
I can't lose you!

I think I've seen every star that I care to see,
but I don't wanna leave.
It hurts when you're self deceived...
I know I shouldn't believe a word you say,
I do it anyway,
Cause I'm dumb like that...

Oh...
In all the words I've given to you
When you smiled I thought that it meant something else.
You were just being yourself, being nice,
You're always rather polite...
To me...

You let me down again, when you ignored the things I said to you.
If I was scared of you then maybe I could leave
Cause if I walked away right now,
There would be nothing left for me to lose but doubt...
but doubt...but doubt!

There's nothing left, there's nothing left for me to lose but doubt...
There's nothing left, there's nothing left for me to lose but doubt...
There's nothing left, there's nothing left...


Best frickin song of all time, I swear...going through the years, it always had some sort of relevance...yeah, it's emo, so sue me...lol, I like emo...

And since when did the word emo become such a negative slang?? "Oh, don't be so emo!" "I'm feeling emo today, you guys..." What the hell! I mean I know emo's short for emotional, but still! To me, emo is a music genre, and yes it's just a bunch of guys crying to music, but whatever, I like it...so stop misusing emo! hehe...

All this aside, I do think "sensi" is a pretty funny word..."You're such a sensi!" haha! [Or is it sensy/sensee?? whatever...lol]

Oh, and just as a little sidenote, I'm getting kinda worried about the next couple of weeks...tons of papers due, a bunch of midterms, two oral presentations...and I've been doing diddly squat! I've gotta start soon before I crumble under all this potential pressure...

Then again, there's always tomorrow :-)

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told throught the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home