Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Night??

Hey you guys, anybody up for doing something next Thursday night?? That'd be Dec. 14th, btw...

I don't really have anything planned, was thinking maybe skating (but where to skate?), or maybe dinner and renting a movie, or something like that.

And yeah, I have an exam the next day, but it's in the afternoon, so it's all good. Plus I have like 3 days to study for it beforehand, heheh.

So, anyone interested? And, if so, any suggestions?

***

Speaking of studying, guess what I'm NOT doing right now, for my exam tomorrow, which is worth like 65% of my grade, which should be like the hardest exam I've got, which I have yet to study for... CRUD, I ruined it, haha...

I've also been stupid and not finish the paper. Seriously, I don't know what's up with me these days. I mean, I've procrastinated before, but NEVER like this...

***

Check out my youtube account
. I've got a couple videos. Mostly crap. And no, I'm not just being self-deprecating, they're really not very good... but even so, I like 'em, and had fun making 'em. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

***

I should get back to studying. It's 3:15. Exam in less than 24 hrs. Haven't gone over much of the material yet, esp. ESP. the things on the midterm, of which I ended up with 55%. But I figure to cram that stuff in tomorrow morning, as I'll forget it all if I study tonight. I'm starting to ramble.

Enough of this.

***

[Edit]

Yeah, studied for like 45mins, went over my old homework. Felt like taking another break....
Okay, really, it was more like, "screw this, I feel like ranting!" Heheh...

Anyways, yeah. Some insights into why I did some of the things I did. And these are the cliff notes.

First off, yes, I HAVE tried to be direct with women, once upon a time. In grade 12, actually. Thought Carrol was attractive, hung out w/ her group of friends for like 2 weeks, asked her out. Believe me, that took TONS of courage on my part, but this was in the year after I lost like 40 pounds, so I was a little more sure of myself. But, lo and behold, I was shot down, brushed aside, rejected if you will. At that time I was freaking DEVASTATED, because it took soo much for me just to ask, and then to be rejected?? That just SUCKED ASS. Never wanted to do that again.

The stupid part was that the only reason why she wasn't able to date was because her strict military-family parents didn't let her. But, you know, being the person that I am, I took that as a "yeah, suure, not allowed... more like, I'm not your type... if I was more attractive etc, I'm sure you'd find a way around this 'not allowed' business..." etc etc. So yeah. Stupid me.

But to repeat, never wanted to ask a girl out ever again. Just not worth it.

So, a few months later, I'm in the Karmacanix (still called Corporate Jesus at this time), and am hanging out at Night Shift in Thompson CC (I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about) on Friday nights. There's a whole bunch of people that went there, but being that I'm fairly shy etc, I mostly just clung to Haig / Karmacanix friends. But, every now and again I talked to other people, and on occasion, even a few girls. One girl of note being Avril.

Now, Avril is, how do you say... fairly outgoing. To put it mildly. So she starts talking to me, I talk back, she starts flirting with me, I flirt back, we exchange msn, etc etc. So, one night, after a Nightshift concert where we were flirting (remember, me = supershy, and yet I flirt), I saw her online. So I, on a whim, asked if she wanted to be my girlfriend. Lo and behold, SHE SAID YES. I was like, holy crap, that's awesome! Uhhh... ... WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW????

Anyways, the rest of that Avril story isn't important to my point.

So, what's my point then? In my mind, I never even really asked Avril out directly, and probably would never have had the guts to ask face to face. Meaning, to me, indirectness got me a girlfriend. Contrastingly, from my earlier try at landing a girlfriend, directness got me a huge stinkin' pile o' rejection. And, after some thought, say, like a year or so after I was dumped, I kinda realized, if I was as indirect as I was with Avril, I soo could've gone out with Carrol. Stupid me for being direct.

In other words, to get a girl, be indirect! To lose all hope, be direct!

This is a big reason why I did what I did, for those who know what I'm talking about. For those who don't, it has something to do with trying to be indirect. Yup.

Anyways, I realize now, DAMN, being indirect is not the right way to get a girl. Perhaps Carrol really WASN'T able to date, even if she wanted to date me. Perhaps it really WASN'T the indirectness that got me a girlfriend, but rather my awesome personality and winning smile. Perhaps I overgeneralized with this whole direct/indirect crap all those years ago, and have therefore had a backwards view of how to get a girlfriend since then.

And hence the necessary corrections were made a few weeks ago.

But yeah, I'm just glad I realized my folly before I was found out... I mean, I ASSUME they never found out...

...right?

***

Well that was a frickin' waste of an hour. Post #10, btw...

[[[Edit 2]]]

Well, it's 3 hours before my final, in accounting (i.e., the one class my future employers will zoom in on), and yet, here I am blogging away. I don't know, I feel like it's kinda too late for me... I mean, if I end up w/ a 70 in this class, I'll be ecstatic. That's a B, right?

And also, I don't think that little rant-story tells the whole picture. I.e., no complete reason given for the "correction" itself. But, it's a little insight into my stupidity. Heheh.

Test is at noon, it's like, nearly 9am right now. I planned on super-cramming before the test, but now, I don't know. I feel like there's not much point in doing any more studying, even though I never really studied yet. If I know it, I know it, and I know I'll be screwed on the written answer / conceptual-type questions anyways. They make up like 35% of the test. Lets say, if by some miracle, that I end up with 50% in that, and (say) 75% in the quantitative stuff, I'll end up w/ like 66%, and I'm being like super-positive here. Plus, 66% would probably be about what I'll get overall too. That kinda BLOWS. Chunks. Goonies. Heheh..... man, where's my head at.. ... WHERE YOUR H...

Yeah, enough of this.

***

[[Edit 3]]

Just finished my Acct. final. Probably did better than I expected, but still pretty horrible. Didn't even get to finish the damn thing. But, you know, whatever, one more down, three to go. And that stupid paper that's continually hanging over my shoulder.

Speaking of paper, Tonight = definite allnighter. Not going to sleep until I freaking finish it. And yeah, friday night etc, but the way I figure, it's for my philosophy of religion class, about Augustine, so it's kinda like learning about Christianity and stuff anyways. Sunday's for marketing cramming for 8:30am monday final. Saturday's completely booked, what with the Chan concert etc. That leaves tonight, although I probably won't be home 'til like superlate anyways... paper 'til 6, should be enough to finish and get a couple hrs of sleep in. That's the plan, at least. According to my excuse, I went home for the weekend and picked up an original copy (which'll then be handed in either sunday/monday). So, yeah. Gotta stick to the plan...

I should be at church already, helping out w/ the setup etc, but, nope... still sitting in Koerner. Kinda tired actually, maybe I'll take a nap before I leave... oh yeahhhh, DANNNG, I needs to eat supper... what to do, now I'm all hungry and junk... oh well, enough with this rambling. I should've just made another post, dag nabbit...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

If I had sound, I'd be watching your youtube vids right now.

10:30 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

If you had sound??

4:41 p.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

he was on his laptop and didn't have his headphones with him.

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Ahhh...

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Actually, that time I was in Macleod and was using the Comp Lab PCs, but close enough. Now i shall watch them.

4:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home