Thursday, November 16, 2006

Random Shuffle

Heheh, random shuffle is awesome. Especially hearing songs I haven't heard in a while. Most notably... ohh, and here it comes.... you know I'm gonna say it... VROOM!!! Hahaha...

But yeah, random shuffle played Sorry Excuse, and it kinda made me rethink a whole bunch of things. About where my focus should be, among other things.

Now, in lieu of boring you all with the lyrics / "download this song", etc, I'll just give a recap about what it's about.

Basically, and I mean VERY basically, it's about how one is too afraid/lazy/etc to go out on a limb and actually do something about their faith. "Go light the world", indeed... "I don't want anything but to see the challenge taken..."

***

Okay, I know I said no lyrics, but whatever... and you know what, as I've already put some lyrics down, I might as well just go put more... plus, I just love this round... I mean, what with the word wrapping with the music... okay, you need to hear the song, so this means nothing to you guys, but I'm gonna post it anyways... and yeah, go ahead and laugh, Kyle is once again dead on... but yeah, the amazingness of Vroom:

Now you've gone away from me
Cause I lied one too many times,
about the thing that meant the most to you.

Cause I lied one too many times,
about the thing that meant the most,
to you I never meant to hurt,
your feelings I never meant to,
hurt you I never meant to hurt you,
I never meant to hurt you!
And I can't afford to lose you now
I wish I could be someone else
Some one who would try to be
the only one to help you out
and never ever let you down
I wish that I could be that guy.

And it just builds up to the "can't afford to lose you" line, and it's all awesome, etc etc.... and yeah, as far as I can tell, and I'm sure it doesn't really seem like this when reading, but I believe the speaker's talking to God, and how he feels sorry for his (lack of) action in the past, and how he wants to be a better person. Considering the context of the song, this seems like the case.

Then again, Vroom seems to have lots of double meanings and quasi-religious overtones to everything, so I might just be overreaching about the God thing here...

And yeah. Go read my previous posts if you're all bored w/ this one. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of something...

[Edit - Okay, so technically, it isn't a round... mixed up my musical terminology... don't know what this thing is called, but whatever it is, it's awesome...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home