Monday, November 27, 2006

Awesome Day

So today school was cancelled, as UBC has no power, so I decided to go for a walk down 4th... alls I've got to say is, MY GOODNESS I LOVE VANCOUVER. Or, at least, this part of Kits, heheh.

First off, I gotta mention, the snow is BEAUTIFUL, walking down the street here... and looking down the sidestreets towards the beach, my goodness, it's a freakin' winter wonderland out here...

First thing I did was buy a pair of gloves from coast mountain, as I don't really have a pair of gloves myself... I bought a pair from old navy last year, but a) they're in Richmond, and b) they're not waterproof nor very warm. So, dropped $30 on some decent gloves that, for like the first time ever, actually fit! Ha-HA!

After that, I just kept walking down the street until I eventually hit burrard. I figured, that's far enough, crossed the street, and decided to go into the thrift shop. And, lemme tells ya, GOOD DECISION! I ended up buying like 6 cd's, and I could've easily doubled that number! I mean, here's what I bought:

Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
--> Who DOESN'T like that song?? Plus, I kinda like their sound, so I figured I'd give their other music a try.

Third Eye Blind (Self-Titled)
--> HOLY CRAP I almost pissed my pants when I found this one... from Semi-Charmed Life, to Jumper, to How's It Going to Be... freaking SWEET! And the odd thing is, I just started looking up 3eb on youtube, like, last week! Oddity of oddities...

Savage Garden (Self-Titled?)
--> Awwww man, did a doubletake with this one... this is like the epitome of my grade 7 year... friggin' memorized "I Want You", and I LOVE to the moon and back, and break me shake me... goodness... although, I was never really a fan of truly madly deeply, and I'm kinda annoyed that that's like their most popular song... kinda like bsb and quit playing games... no, wait, forget I said that, heheh...

Sister Hazel - ...Somewhere More Familiar
--> I can't begin to describe how much I love this band... and finally getting an actual cd of theirs, coool... plus, it's got the widely-known "All For You", as well as a bunch of others I like that I'm sure nobody knows about...

OKAY, now before I continue, let me just say this: PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE ME!! I am a slave to nostalgia!! I LOVED this music back in the day! And, yes, I still do now!! So, with that out of the way, the final two cd's I bought:

Aqua - Aquarium
--> You guys might laugh, but hey, this cd is a plethora of musical GEMS! From the hilarious barbie girl, to doctor jones, lollypop/candyman (my personal favourite)... PLUS, considering it was some sort of limited release, with like 6 bonus tracks, I just had to get it...

soulDecision - no one does it better
--> YES IT'S A FREAKING BOYBAND. But I friggin' love this cd... from Faded to Gravity, sooo awesome... and, again, it's called NOSTALGIA. I had to get this one...

Anyways, so yeah, those are the cd's I ended up buying... some of the cd's I DIDN'T end up buying included the likes of Montell Jordan (i.e., this is how we do it), Papa Roach cd (the one w/ last resort), Limp Bizkit (with Nookie! I loved that song, memories w/ cousins...), Squirrel Nut zippers, Unwritten Law... etc etc... basically, I could've easily bought two-three times more cds than I did... and yeah, but I could've downloaded 'em, you say, but whatever, helping out the salvation army AND having actual cd's from bands of my childhood, sweeeet...

After my shopping spree in the thrift store, and as I was walking back, I kinda realized I was hungry, so I started looking at all the restaurants... but, as anyone who knows the area can realize, there's only one place to go for brunch: Sophie's Cosmic Cafe! The one with the huge spoon/fork outside, and all the crazy memorabilia inside... so much fun... I ended up getting the openfaced turkey special, which is basically turkey on french bread w/ mashed potatoes, swimming in gravy! And anybody who really knows me would tell you, that's basically my favourite food in the whole world... and what's crazy, is that the salad it came with, although not smothered in dressing, was DELICIOUS! I mean, I even enjoyed the freaking cucumbers, which I usually despise! Ohh, and also, I learned that I do like raw tomatoes, as it was the first time I've ever tried to season 'em properly, and as any food network aficionado would tell you, "I don't know where you get your tomatoes, but mine don't come seasoned!" Or something like that, haha... but point is, Sophie's is AWESOME. We all should go out there sometime.

Anyways, as I was eating my turkey, I realized a few things. Firstly, I LOVE living in Vancouver, and that I need to get a freaking job ASAP so I can friggin' continue to afford to live here. Secondly, I need to do this more often, just go outside and do whatever, instead of staying indoors and wasting the awesomeness that is Vancouver. Thirdly, as I was eating by myself, I realized that my happiness need not be dependent on the company I keep, as is usually the case. I was alone, and I was friggin AWESOME. No more thinking that I NEED to have a gf, for example, to be fully happy. Sure, it'd be nice to have one, but I'm not gonna get all emo over it anymore. This whole needing to have a potential thing was kinda stupid anyways.

After I finished my turkey, I got up and went searching for a scraper/broom thing for my car, as there stupidly isn't one in my car right now, and I never knew this until it was too late... but yeah, looked briefly in shoppers, then I kinda just gave up. As it turns out, I'm horrible at shopping; if I don't find something I want immediately, I just give up and leave. I did the same thing a few weeks ago, I couldn't find the tofu in Safeway, so I just said screw it and left. Stupid me, there's a whole hippie-veggie shelf w/ a bunch of tofu and yves products. Heheh. But yeah, left shoppers, bought a litre of milk and a pack of gum at Safeway, and went back home.

This has been by far one of the best mornings I've ever had. BY FAR.

Although I think my food kinda made me sleepy, as I've been in kind of a daze since I've got back... went online, talked/traded with Gautam, blogged... and now it's dark and I wanna go to bed. Heheh, so much for finishing my paper today... but honestly, SOO WORTH IT.

Alls I've got left to say is, I sure as hell hope that there's no school tomorrow either... heheh, we're so screwed for finals...

Oh my goodness, I nearly forgot! This is post #3, 22 left to go! Boo-ya!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gautam said...

holy shite. I guess since you've restricted yourself to lesser posts before christmas, you're surely making the most of them. Though I've seen you write longer, unfortunately.

9:38 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Pretty much. But considering I was both tired and had to do homework, two things that increase my post length exponentially, it's kinda expected.

If you want short, you could go read my last post, heheh...

11:25 a.m.  
Blogger McAnerbot said...

3eb is SO good.

Jumper is DEFINITELy the best song it though!

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger m said...

OMG Justin! I was at Sophies' on the exact same day! I probably missed you by a couple of hours!

soulDecision is SO awesome! Sure, they're a boy band, but they're local. and cool. ish.

11:02 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Mark - Pretty much. Although I've taken a shining to How's It Going To Be. And like every other song is decent to good to frickin' awesome... so Kyle, yeah, I'd say it's worth picking up.

Mai - Ohreally?? Craziness...

11:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved noone does it better!!! AND gravity!! hahahah SOUL-D BUDDIES!! AHAHAHAHHAA

10:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home