Sunday, December 03, 2006

Exam time...

And you know what that means... meaningless rants to distract myself from doing any actual work!

[edit - The following should probably not be read. Really, it's not worth reading...]

First off, HOLY CRAP I'M SCREWED. It's 5am right now, and I'm done 1/5 of one of my two papers completed, and both must be handed in on MONDAY, which is, like, 30 odd hours away... considering I HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT THE FREAKING TOPICS YET for my 2nd paper, and also considering that I idiotically LEFT MY FREAKING NOTES AT MY APARTMENT, holy crap I've gotta waste tooo much time just figuring out what to write about... I mean, I've procrastinated in the past, but, DAMN, I'm pushing it now...

Not that I seem to care all that much. I went out to Bo Kong tonight for the One Way afterparty thing (which confused the heck outta me, as when I hear "party", I don't think going out for dinner...), and afterwards ended up going to Esther/Joey's place to watch Superman Returns. I just didn't feel all that inclined to go back home to start up my paper. I probably would've wasted my time if I went home anyways...

But yeah, yet another example of me dropping everything else for the sole purpose of socializing. Another example will probably be me tomorrow, doing the rock-climbing/dinner thing for Reuben's last weekend here. I say probably, as I know I don't have time to go, and will consider not going, but really, more likely than not I'll end up going and regretting it later...

I don't know why I'm blogging now. I could've used the past 10 30 mins writing half a page of a C paper... but yeah, honestly, marks I don't care about, it's all about completion at this point...

And to all of you who noticed my cheating, well, SCREW OFF... I can write in however many damn blogs I want to. My limited posts are for this blog only. ........Wow, that sounded angrier than I wanted it to be... but yeah, if I feel like posting elsewhere, I will. GET OFF MY BACK!

...So, moving on, what's this paper I'm writing about, you may ask? Well, Augustine's theory on the origin of evil, of course. Basically, I'm just fleshing out this webpage, then refuting it later on using something else I found on the net. So, yeah. This should've been RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO COMPLETE, and yet, here I am, scrambling madly at it all. I've really set the bar for procrastination this time... man...

I don't wanna DO THIS, no more...

That's from something I don't remember... musically said with a Jerry Lewis-type accent. I guess I could google, but I wont.

Speaking of google, that's a funny word. Haha...

As you can tell, my mind has turned to mush. I shall now complete one more page of crappy paper and go to bed. Tomorrow I will wake up at noon, drive to my apartment, pick up my notes, phone my prof to see if my non-handed-in paper from 5 weeks ago is still being able to be handed-in-able (HOPEFULLY or I am beyond screwed), then I do crazy research on my 2nd paper, then I go rockclimbing, then I go home and pull an alnighter on stupid hopefully-passable paper writing, then I complete my 2nd paper if time allows me to do so, and THEN I go back home to my apartment and fall asleep, only to wake up to the realization that I have an exam the next day, and even worse, and incredibly INCREDIBLY important exam in which I have not enough time to study for on friday.
.
..
...
....
.....
HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS, I JUST REALIZED THAT IF MY PROF/TA EVER READS MY BLOG, I'M SSOOOOO DEAD!!! And... HOLY CRAP!!! THAT MEANS I'D BE WRITTEN UP BY THE ADMINISTRATORS, AND HAVE A CHEATER-Y TYPE OF ASTERIX ON MY RECORD!!! Which means... HOLY CRAP I WON'T BE ABLE TO BECOME AN ACCOUNTANT!!! REPUTATION IS ALLS THEY GOT!!! my goodness I am the epitome of being reamed from behind...

haha, that's more graphic than I intended it to be... and now it's just funny... der har har...

der har har is what I use when I'm trying to laugh like a dunce. Wow, using the word dunce makes you sound a lot more distinguished than if you use the words dumb or stupid etc. Heheh, dunce... cap... my mom bought my sister a canucks toque, I want one myself...

I ranting are too muchy.

Gnite everybody.

[edit - Yeah, now it's 5pm, I'm out here at UBC, phoned my prof, talked to his wife as he wasn't around, and she said that I shouldn't worry about my 1st paper, and that I'll probably be able to just hand it in by the midterm, which is on Wednesday. Preeeety awesome... although, I've been researching for my other paper, and MAN this is tough... I've already switched topics from doing a critique of Hume (which would take too long and need too much research, not to mention I'd be risking giving a flat-out wrong answer), and now I'm doing a paper on Faith and Reason, and how it's not foolish for someone to have faith when there is no reason to do so. I'm supposed to integrate Aquinas into it. Man, I say this every year, but DAMN this better be the last paper(s) I ever write...]

[edit 2 - Yeah, perhaps this is cheating too, making tons of edits... but yeah, it's now 1am, after a completely awesome night of rockclimbing and socializing... yeah, it's so worth it... although, I'm starting to think that I might have to hand in a less-than-decent paper... well, a less-than less-than-decent paper, more like it. Downgraded my expectations from C to C- paper... whatever. So worth it, etc etc... but yeah, SUPER AWESOME FUNTIME! I really wanna do this more often. Hanging out together too, I mean, and not... lol, hanging out has two meanings... I'm kinda out of it, maybe coffee w/ holiday spice not the greatest idea... der har har...]

[edit 3 - Wow, it's now nearly 12:30pm, and I've only really got about an hour and a half left to do my work. But MAN, doing research on things, I'm actually understanding things better now. Unfortunately, most of what I'm learning isn't terribly useful towards writing my paper... i.e., I read ten pages of works, and I write a paragraph. Yup. On the other hand, I have just learned about the virtues of sparknotes... my goodness is that site ever freakin' amazing... so useful, so to the point... but yeah. Two pages down, four more to go. Or, I guess, as long as I finish writing about Kant and Aquinas, i.e. extolling the limits of reason and human understanding, and how faith beyond this reason is not inherently foolish. I have already completed my schpiel about Nietzsche and my ending, so that's good. And dang, sleeping for 4 hours, makes a world of difference... should've gone to bed at 2 instead of 4am though... heheh, oh well... time to get a crackin'...]

2 Comments:

Blogger McAnerbot said...

Nits. You know... Sometimes it seems the longer your posts are, the like. Worse it is for you (given that you make longer and longer posts, the less convient a time it is to be making a post given the time pressure your life is currently under).

Like, 10 seconds before you die, your last blog post will rival the length of encylopedia britanica.

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Yup, pretty much. The more frazzled I am, the more I need to de-stress, and blogging is like my greatest easily-accessable destresser.

Also, what I find rather hilarious, is that I'm actually in the middle of writing another crazy-long blog as I read this. So yeah, you can only imagine how I'm feelin' at the moment, heheh...

Wow, even my comments feel all ranty...

12:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home