Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ultimate in Near-Rain!

Ultimate playoffs started today. Our game started at 7:30, as we ended up getting a bye in the first round (due to the fact that we dropped down a tier, to tier 2 tuesdays, lol...), but yeah, at about 6:30, when Andrew and I were leaving, it was just POURING! First time it rained in like forever, and it had to be the day when Ultimate playoffs started, lol...

But yeah, oddly enough, by the time we got to Jericho W, it actually stopped raining! Haha... and it was actually fairly warm out, being that it's still summer and all, heheh... although, it was more of a jump-into-the-lake coldness at first, walking out there w/ shorts 'n' t-shirts. But awesomeness nevertheless.

So, yeah. We won the game. WOO! Onto the semi-finals / [finals!] next tuesday! Although, that does mean no overtime for me at work, heheh... oh wells... but yeah, this game was a fairly decent one for me. Cut nicely in the end zone, caught the hammer from Corey, that was fun. Then, next point, I let the guy go long and he got a point in the end zone. Whoops... but yeah, from then on, I was like the super-defence-against-the-speedy-guys. So yeah, burned it up catching up to my check, although then unable to do anything on offence. But no matter, I helped out in the end! Woo, one of the only games in which I was a + player! Then again, we did end up winning like 13-5 or something... no matter! I was still happy with my performance today.

Although, there was this one instance where the disc was floating to a crowd, with me + others in it, and some girl from the other team held onto my shoulder as I jumped up, making me be all off-balance, then somebody stepped on my ankle. With kleats. Ouch! I'll be feeling that one tomorrow...

But anyways, yeah, I've come to realize over the past couple days that I have finally regained my speed that I so highly cherished in gr. 12! I mean, with the soccer yesterday and the sprinty ultimate today... I was back to being one of the faster ones out there! Hurray for me!! Hopefully, I can learn to have some skill to go with my speed, heheh...

Anyways, also worked for 10 hrs today. That was rather tough, playing ultimate after that... actually, not too much so, although my muscles were kinda sore to start out with... and dang, I can only imagine how I'll feel tomorrow, lol...

Speaking of tomorrow, I do believe that I've got it all planned out. First off, work 'til 6pm (hopefully). Then home, shower, dinner. Then, get a haircut. Then, maybe music w/ andrew etc. Then, perhaps if I'm not dying by this time, go to Hapkido for the first time in months. Heheh. Although, that last one is kinda pushing it. But yes, it seems that this is my day tomorrow. Woo!

Some other stuff I wanted to blog about but have yet failed to do so. Yup. I just know I'm gonna get into bed and realized that I didn't blog about something... heheh...

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home