Friday, August 19, 2005

Man, I haven't posted in forever...crazy work week, pretty contrasting from last week...

My goodness, it's already the 19th...summer's almost over...where the heck did August go?! (still haven't phoned student loans back, heh...)

Anyways, I switched over from days to nights this week, which meant that I actually slept in for the first time in what seems like forever, but it also means that my sleep schedule is all messed up. For example, it is now 7am friday morning, but I got home at about quarter to 5, read the paper, showered, and went on the comp...to me, it's sleepy time...

Not to mention my complete lack of non-work socialization, hence the contrasting of last week...oh well, it's all good, since we're going back to one shift on monday, so I can actually have my nights semi-free again...

Oh, and on another note, I did see Susanne yesterday...I was all estatic, 'cause I wasn't expecting to see her again this year...however, I didn't really get a chance to talk to her, and thusly failed to get any sort of contact of hers...and I didn't see her again tonight, which made me feel kinda bummed out...another potential lost, I guess...except, this one kinda stings a little more, since I thought that there was a good chance that she would have reciprocated...

Oh well, nothing much else I can do about it...I was thinking of leaving her a note on her punchcard thing w/ my contact, but I thought that'd be kinda weird, esp. if I never hear from her again...I'm hoping that I'll either see her again tonight, or perhaps that she's still working come monday, but somehow I doubt things would go so nicely...

Anyways, enough of this boring work nonsense, and onto the awesomeness of VROOM!!!

It's been a while since I've got this, and I've already alt. blogged it (so technically a reposting), but here it is again:

Once again, Vroom has shown why they are the most awesomest band EVER...this time, actually, is because their lead singer, John Johnson, had his own cd out (as The Wilderness), and man that song off the net is incredibly, fantastically, hauntingly beautiful...a little less rocky and a little more artsy than Vroom's music, but beautiful nonetheless...

Here's the link --> "The Wilderness - The Staring Contest"

Hauntingly beautiful, indeed...

Anyways, Vroom is quite awesome...earlier stuff is punky, then they go off in an indie rock / emo-ish type of sound, but man they are by far my favourite band of all time...and yes, that song of mine "Dumb Like That" is by Vroom (if you're wondering why you've heard of this band before, lol...)

Well then, there's nothing much left to say but this:

Chicken (a round)

C - That's the way it begins, and
H - That's the next letter i-in,
I - You're in the middle of the word, and
C - You've already heard, and
K - Now you're nearing the end, and
E - Now you're rounding the bend
C-H-I-C-K-E-N
Oh, that's the way you spell *clap clap* chicken!

Oh, Rufus Rafus Johnson Brown
Oh, what'cha gonna do when the rain comes down?
What'cha gonna do?
An' what'cha gonna say?
'Cause you can't pay the rent 'til the rain goes away,
Oh, you know, an' I know, an' everybody knows
That you can't pay the rent if you ain't got the dough.
Rufus Rafus Johnson Brown, Oh
What'cha gonna do when the rain comes down?


Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home