Monday, July 25, 2005

The Best/Worst of Times...

The weekend was kinda interesting, to say the least...

Yes, camping was fun...yes, speakers were good etc...however, certain events led me to think that I was stuck in the periphery again, being unnecessary within the group...

Also, I was kinda in a bad mood at times, sometimes because of the feelings of unwantedness (which led to a near-insomniatic night), but also because of other events that happened earlier which really ticked me off...next time, I'm so driving my own freakin' car up...

Anways, another highlight for me was that I seem to be obsessing w/ my Hapkido, "practicing" for no apparent reason...I believe it was because I wanted to take some agression out from my bad moodiness...however, it made me realize that I really like this martial art, and I could really go far if I wanted to.

There were other good highlights too, such as the hikes and the lake...hmm, I might as well write my "what I did" paragraphs now...

Friday: Left work early (man, I think they hate me now), dad drove (really annoying), arrived at 10ish, raised the tent, went to the youth hill w/ the rest of the crew and hung out 'til midnight. Then, time for "sleeping", which meant staying up 'til 3ish talking in the tent, which was fun ('til the end, at least for me).

Saturday: Woke up around 9, ate breakfast, went to the youth hill again for the morning service, ate lunch w/ the dublankos, hiked up to the waterfalls (which is really more like a large rock bluff w/ flowing water running down it), ate dinner, went to the young adult tent (instead of youth hill) for the night meeting w/ kathleen and alan...man, young adult tent is waaaaay more my style, tons more intellectual instead of stupid teenage angsty atmosphere (and "justification" is not a freakin' large word!). After that, alan & I went to youth hill to find others, we didn't, so we caught the end of service at the main auditorium, which was nice, then we saw a "mini-concert" thing with a group called InFocus, a singing trio which was really nice, and reminded me back to the early/mid-90's, back before boy band / spice-girls-esque ruined singing groups. After this, shower etc, then another staying up late session in the tent...however, this time it really ticked me off that I got kicked out that people were wanting to sleep, yet continued to talk when I left (I was the only one who had to leave), so I kinda wandered around for about an hour and a half, walking around the campsite in the darkishness, but then I realized I was stupid for hurting myself esp. if I was having a long day the next day and especially if I'm working monday...so I went to bed.

Sunday: Fun fun fun! Woke up around 9:30, ate breakfast, then we went to hike up to Third Ledge, which was this awesome rock outcropping we had to hike up this super steep trail to get to, and man that was so fun. We went to the top, overlooking the entire campsite, which is entirely surrounded by beautiful mountains, greeeen trees, and a river across from the road/railroad. Awesome view, if not me being a little freaked out w/ the possibility of falling to my doom...also of note, Brittney Catherine and DJ/Dorothy came too (Lavesa's cousins, lavesa being esthers sister, esther being joey's wife...), and they were fun to hang around with. [Are those checkerboard items DJ wears because of Ska-scene?! She does look kinda familiar, hehe...] Oh, and helping everyone down from this really steep slippery rock thing was nice...Anyways, after that, we ate, then we went to the Lake of the Woods, which is this awesome lake right near the highway, where we swam etc, plus me elana alan daniel and uriel swam across the lake to the rocks, and even though I did better than in previous years, I was still so lagging (I really needs to build up my stamina!). Then we had watermelon there, went back, most packed up and left, leaving me shaylene and kim behind, which we then stayed w/ the leftover dublankos (Ron and Selene) and had some hot dogs (and ginger beer! mmmmm!), then we packed up my tent and waited for my parents to pick us up, which they did around 8, then on the ride back I pretty much slept for most of it, which was nice...had a weird dream that my cel phone kept ringing but whenever I answered nobody was there, and that I was dreaming that I was really sleepy...anyways, point was, today was a gooooood day!

Okay, so I know I'm missing a whole bunch of stuff in here, but I've rambled on long enough...esp. since the middle of my sat. ramble, heheh...

So, looking back, there were many ups and downs, but all in all it was quite a nice trip, and kudos to Krystle (and Nicole!) for organizing everything!

Until next time, I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shar Shar said...

That's why I wanna take some kind of martial art man!! To get out some aggression!! It would be sooo great!!

Hey ... that course I was talking about? Yeah .. it's Japanese there's just some reasons why I can't say it so blatantly ... *ahem* ex-boyfriend reasons LOL

hey I'm going to be blogging at http://wwww.livejournal.com/~foolishthought for a while coz something is wrong with my blogspot just wanted ya to know!

12:13 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Well, if you wanna take a martial art, then why the heck aren't you going to Hapkido w/ the rest of us, hmmm??

9:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home