Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Years Resolutions

But, as before, my day...woke up later than I wanted to, but still made it to sushi with Kris and Rob, that was fun...then went to Richmond centre, then to chapters, then to superpet...all in all, a fun time with the guys...wanted to have that movie night thing, but it wasn't meant to be...went home, watched Bowling for Columbine again, and also watched Pi again, and I must say that Pi is completely different than I remembered...Pi is an amazing movie! haha...but enough of my day, onto my resolutions!

As I have thought about how to do this, I've decided that I wouldn't be able to just list them all down, for I tend to ramble...therefore, I've thought of the perfect solution: Categories!


About Health
--> In 2004, I've seen myself go from the healthiest I've ever been in spring, to going back to how I was a few years ago right now...because of this, my First New Years Resolution (NYR#1) would be to lose some excess flab and get into better shape. There are a few things that need to happen for this to work:
-First of all, mentally want to be in better shape;
-Secondly, get myself into a routine, a habit of working out;
-Thirdly, get into sports once again (most likely during the summer, where I shall definately play ultimate in the VUL w/ Carly);
-Fourth, eat less and eat properly, which means less dining out with the crew and more packing lunches.


About Money
--> Over the past few months, I've tended to spend way WAY too much money, mostly because of eating out all the time as well as playing pool or other such money burners...therefore, to rectify this problem I must do one of two things: Decrease Expenses or Increase Revenue. However, I prefer to do a little of both, which leads me to NYR#2: To get a job, and to choose my costs more wisely. For this to happen, I must do the following...
-First, I need to suck it up and actually really want to have a job. Probably not while at school, but definately in the summer...I can't keep taking my uncle's money for tuition...
-Second, I must really work at my resume and cover lettering and not just nonchalantly as I have done in the past.
-Third, assuming this lack of income over the next few months, I must learn to handle the money that I irregularly obtain in a way that doesn't see it leave my hands within a few days...this means I have to limit my socialization or at least my social spending, for when I was geeky in both highschool and this summer I spent practically nothing...


About Friends
--> On the topic of socialization, I've realized that I've been having the time of my life over the past few months, mainly due to the fact that I seem to finally have people I consider true friends, which I talk to on a regular basis, who I can count on more than one hand! Heh...but seriously, I believe that I've been getting drunk off of this newfound happiness, so far as to forgo much of what I used to deem important; good things, such as much less videogames and tv, as well as bad things, such as less family/school/etc. Therefore, NYR#3: Learn to balance my time between the amazing socialization I've been enjoying and what I mentally deem to be important in my life, school being the biggest example...but once again, steps are needed...
-First, learn to say no when my friends wanna do something...this will definately be the hardest thing, for it's hard to turn down the chance to feel included...
-Second, spend less time at the chill spot and more time studying in the library...again, terribly difficult due to the same reason as above...
-Third, despite my previous ramblings, I must continue to have an active social life where I'm able to just phone someone up and go do something on the fly...
-Fourth, and probably most important for myself and my self esteem, hang out with my friends on the weekend, for I haven't consistently done this for what seems like decades...well, probably one decade at least...


About School
--> As eluded to above, I have to do better academically...not that I'm doing bad, mind you, but I'm definately not reaching my potential at all...and my work habits have definately turned to crap, which is the complete opposite of what I wanted outta kwantlen...Now, all of this taken into consideration, my NYR#4 would be to Work harder at school. Nothing more, nothing less. I've just gotta try harder...but how??
-First, find a balance between socialization and studying, as mentioned above...
-Second, get into a routine which integrates studying into my schedule (as well as working out, socialization, etc etc...)
-Third, actually study during the time I allotted to studying, and not sit around the chill spot and socialize, especially before a friggin test! Heh...
-Fourth, learn to study at home; which means I must find a place that I'm able to work and not be distracted by other things. Dang, this be difficult...
-Fifth, I gotta mentally fix my focus and be able to study without having the pressures of an impending due date / test. This work habit in particular has eluded me for my entire academic career, and is specifically what I wanted to be able to learn at Kwantlen...


About Sleep
--> Haha, I looked at the clock and decided I had to put this in here...it's 3am, and I've got a class in 5 hours! Lol! Therefore, my NYR#5 would be to Sleep More!!! Actually, this could be my easiest resolution yet...
-First, learn to turn of the tv at night!
-Second, stop being on the computer so late! A.k.a. less blogging/chatting!
-Third...actually, these are pretty much the only reasons why I stay up so late!


About Love
--> Ah, my love life is one complicated web of mystery...HAHA! But seriously though, sometimes I feel like I'm thinking too much about my decided lack of female companionship, and recent events have made me realize that my life shouldn't be ruled by this...therefore, my NYR#6 is definately to Not run my life according to my heart, for when my emotions blind me, nothing seems to turn out right...however, thinking completely with my head isn't right either...man, this won't be easy...
-First, I've gotta stop thinking that I'm not complete without a girl around my arm...I've gotta be okay with being single...
-Second, I can't just sit back and let things happen, because opportunities will definately pass me by...I can't always date the agressive girls, cause they're technically not my type...heh, for me to date my type, I've gotta step up and do something...but I'm rambling...
-Third, I've gotta start being more open about how I truly feel, and not just do all this posturing I seem to do at times...
-Fourth, I gotta get out more! Open up my chances! Meet some new people! Because as it is, I don't know many females, heh...
-Fifth, think about other ways to be happy with my love life, because I know that I'm missing a few I've thought about before...


About Faith
--> And last, but certainly not least, I really have to try working harder spiritually...for a while now, I seemed to have put my faith on the backburner, but can't seem to know exactly why...which leads me to my fifth and final resolution, NYR#7: Become more active in my religion, and stop being such a lukewarm christian, to use a worn churchy cliche...and for this to happen, etc etc...
-First, find my bible, which is packed away in a box somewhere, and start to read it once more...
-Second, I gotta try much harder to stop my most obvious sinning...well most obvious to myself at least...
-Third, be more active at church...for although I am technically fairly active as it is, my heart hasn't been in it for quite a while now...
-Fourth, I've gotta finish those books by E.G. White that I bought two years ago, haha...


To sum up, the most important thing I must do for the new year is time management. With better scheduling, I'll definately be able to do these resolutions...all 1-7, for I could schedule working out and studying, reducing excessive socialization thus decreasing expenses, pine less over my lack of female companionship, sleep more, and still find time to read the bible! SCHAWING!

And these are my new years resolutions, as abnormally stated as can be, lol...however, I chose to have a longwinded post purposely; not only because it frees my chaotic mind to be able to ramble, but because it also makes people averse to reading my blog...as it is, I would assume that only the people who really cared about me would bother to drudge through this mania, and for those of you who did bother reading, I thank you...

And to those of you who just skipped ahead...heh...

Anyways, as it is incredibly late, and I have a freakin' 8am class tomorrow, I'm off! So here's to a great new year!

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home