Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Watinfomaride

Just got off of calc, ended early today...told my dad to pick me up at 10:15, so I've gots myself some time...

Man, today in calc we were doing 3-dimentional graphs, planes etc etc...it was cool, it reminded me of when I was a kid (i.e. pre-kindergarten) and I watched these cool math programs on the knowledge network before / after the kiddy programs...it was so cool, there were these computer generated robot things (in the 80's, so it was awesome!), and it kinda looked like tron, with equations equalling how fast this car moved on a grid etc etc...

But anyways, I remember in one episode, there were using a plane to bisect a cone, and I remember being amazed at the different shapes that could be on the plane depending on where it bisected the cone: horizontally, it was a circle...diagonally, an oval...vertically, down the middle, a triangle...vertically, anywhere else, a parabola (well, curvy shape thingy when I was little, haha...). I remember it being so cool, because after it showed the shape, there was this long and seemingly jumbled list of numbers and letters above it (i.e. the equation), and it just looked so cool to me...haha, even before school, I was such a geek!

Anyways, I just wanted to write this down before I forgot this little memory gem of my childhood...hehe...

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home