Monday, August 28, 2006

That's so Emo... or is it?!?!

This site is pretty freakin' awesome. History of REAL Emo (i.e., the stuff derived from hardcore punk in the mid-80's), and with freaking mp3 examples! Always wanted to know what Rites of Spring sounded like... and, I've gotta say, me likey...

Fourfa is basically the faq on the history of this stuff. Showed me the above site. And, funny enough, I found it by typing "emo" into google. LOL. Interesting stuff, plus it's got a piratebay-ish feedback/hatemail part I found relatively humourous at 1am.

But yeah. That's about enough of that. You guys probably aren't interested in this junk anyways.

Until next time, I guess...

Edit - Okay, so I youtube'd Sunny Day Real Estate, as I've never heard 'em before. Considering that they're regarded as the most-influential modern-emo band, I thought, oh yeah they're gonna be good... but I DARE you to tell me that this isn't freaking awesome:



Edit, past 2am - Wikipedia is freakin' awesome. As it turns out, half of SDRE were original members of the Foo Fighters. Makes me think that you guys already know all this stuff... heheh... And now it's past 2am, and I've got work in about 5 hours. Perfect...

3 Comments:

Blogger McAnerbot said...

Well that WAS pretty good....

8:48 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

You know that Nate Mendel, the basssist is the foo fighter's current bassist.

Also, the drummer William Goldsmith toured with Dave as the Foo Fighters drummer for the the self-titled album and drummed the beginning of "Up in Arms" off the Colour and the Shape. However he left.

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Yup, kinda hinted that I read the wikipedia thing, eh?? Heheh...

But yes... first the pixies, and now these guys... makes me wish I was born a decade or so earlier...

12:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home