Thursday, August 17, 2006

What a waste of time...

...and gas. Both resources were wasted tonight.

First off, working in the can loft today at Oceans. Woo, easy jobs etc! But, oh wait, now I have no overtime, in fact only getting 7.5 hrs today... that just sucks... and is depressing in itself...

But hey, I got home early, which meant I could finally phone the warranty thing for my mp3 player, and get the visa thing up, etc etc... but first, I showered, of course. So, it was about 4:30. Then, my mom was making food, so I was like, I'll just sit down and wait 'til it's done... and I'll phone in the meantime! But, lo and behold, my sister was watching tv, and I got sucked in... next thing I know, it's 5:30 and dinner's ready. I eat dinner, watch another show. It's six. Too late for visa, oh well... so, time to phone warranty thing. I phone. "Sorry, we are closed now, but our regular hours are mon-fri from 9am to 6pm"... wait, it's 'til 6pm? My phone says 5:59!!! Stupid freaking everything... had I known it was closed at 6, I wouldn't've gotten sucked into television land...

But at least the roast beef was good...

But anyways, yeah, that was kinda depressing. But hey, at least I knew that I was gonna be playing the drums tonight. Sectional rehearsal at 8. So yeah, I just went on the comp, strummed the acoustic a bit, pass the time and whatever...

So it's 7:45, I get off the comp. I leave the house, it's 7:55, nuts I'm late... I drive up to Vancouver, get to church at 8:08, crud I'm a little late... I pull into the parking lot. There's no other cars. THERE'S NOBODY THERE.

...WHAT?!?!

So yeah. As it turns out, Charissa never e-mailed Joey about going tonight, like I asked. And nobody told me otherwise, so I assumed that it was on for tonight. Meaning, I just drove into vancouver for absolutely no reason. Stupid everything... so I sat like a bum 'til 8:30 hoping someone'll show, but nobody did. I got frustrated and drove home... but hey, since I'm out, I might as well get something done, so I drive to ironwood to get a haircut. It's 8:40. The lady refuses to cut my hair, 'cause it'll be 8:50 when she's done the customer. I didn't wanna argue, 'cause having an angry flip woman cutting your hair, not a good idea... at least, I'd assume it wouldn't...

Anyways, by this time, I was feeling pretty depressed. Quite depressed, actually. So, I did what any other sane person would do in my situation: go to Save-On and drown myself in chocolate!

I bought myself a save-the-animals dark chocolate mint bar. It's rather delicious, even if I only had a couple squares of the bar (as, you know, full from roast beef dinner...). But delicious it was. But, as most happy-pill-equivalents go, it was far too fleeting.

So, here I am, relatively depressed, having completely wasted my entire evening, and all I've got to show for today's efforts is a partially-eaten chocolate bar... but at least I'm saving the rainforest... yay me...

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home