Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pneuma

Tonight was the greatest Nightshift concert ever. EVER!!! I mean, first band (Dominance?) started off the mood right w/ upbeat heavy metal-y music, then it was the always-awesome interphase. Good stuff so far.

And then My Paranoia went on stage. My goodness did they ever rock the house! They were spectacularly awesome. Best part: THE RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME BASSIST. Not only was this guy a ridiculously good bassist, what with the incredibly difficult and fast awesome bass playing, but he also had crazy stage presence too. I mean, with the wireless connector thing, he was like crawling on top of the counter while playing and jumping off of it too and oh man that was awesome. I was like, yeah, nothing's gonna top My Paranoia!! Best band I've ever heard at a Nightshift concert ever! By far!

And then Pneuma went on stage.

At first, I was all, yeah, they're alright. Kinda annoyed at the no singing. But then, they kept on playing. AWESOMELY. In the truest sense of the word: AWE-INSPIRING. I mean, it was the best frickin' band I've ever heard in my life. IN MY WHOLE FRIGGIN' LIFE!!! They had crazy CRAZY guitarists (old guy especially awesome, cause he was like older and stuff), along with a ridiculously amazing drummer akin to a Dave Gens on drum steroids, and to top it all off they had the crazy bassist, doing crazy bassist double tapping and other crazy incredible things of that nature. And the most amazing part is, THIS WAS HAPPENING ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! I mean, holy crap! This was the best band I've ever heard in my life! And they just kept getting better and better... as much as I've tried to illustrate the awesomeness of Pneuma, word just do not suffice. To all of those who left early, YOU HAVE MISSED OUT ON ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS IN MUSICAL HISTORY: Pneuma.

Other notables:

- "Better than Nickelback!", says Roger, after interphase messed something up. LOL.
- During interphase mosh, someone shouldered me right in the ribs. Hurtage ensued, but not before the little girl mosher knocks me down in front of everybody. Ribs were not the only thing bruised tonight. But yeah, I guess I'm just not used to having shoulders jammed into my ribs, as I'm usually the one doing the jamming ('cause of, you know, the height thing). Stupid little highschoolers...
- The crazy metal highschoolers grabbing chairs, sitting down in them, and actually appreciating the ridiculous musicianship of Pneuma!
- Reuben being able to tell his grandkids "I opened for Pneuma!"
- Pneuma. PERIOD.
- BP afterwards w/ Reuben and Mark. Good times.

Man my ribs are throbbing... I gotta study tomorrow... midterm monday, haven't studied, haven't read, haven't kept up... yipes... although, tonight: SO WORTH IT.

Until next time, I guess...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

Pneuma and those kids who showed up truly make me happy about the upcming generation's appreciation for music.

11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home