Monday, February 27, 2006

...and a Midterm

This morning was nice. Breakfast w/ Reuben, Mai, Sheena, Colleen @ pendulum, which I never knew existed. Ended up missing morning classes, which I didn't mind at all. Walked around and did stuff, esp. around asian studies / international building / japanese gardens / "longhouse". Last one especially since we seemed to have kinda barged in on a buffet thing, heheh...Also, Sheena + Mai = beautiful music. Even if it's apparently the same songs from years ago. Heheh...

Anyways, yeah, spent the past about 4 hrs studying for my midterm tonight, Managerial Accounting, COMM 294. Rediculously hard... well, tricky, to be exact. Doing the practice midterms, it seems like everything on there has some sort of trick to figure out. For example, the question says that pigs are kept for 24 months before slaughter, while chickens are 12 months. That means that yearly costs, such as feed, are doubled when calculating the contribution margin per animal. I'm sure you guys have no idea what I said, but meh. Basically, I'll have to rely on my quick wits to get me through this exam. Yipes...

It doesn't help that the midterm basically has 3 questions, meaning that if I mess up right in the beginning of a 45 mark question, I'm basically screwed. And marks are basically 45/45/10 as far as questions on the exam go. So, I'm kinda freaked out about the midterm. I'm guessing anywhere from 30% to 70% for me. Only 70% because I suck at the "explain why job costing would be better than activity based costing" questions. So, yeah. I'm screwed.

And no, if I fail, it won't be because I spent the morning hanging out w/ everyone; I'd fail because I didn't study for this test at all during the past 2 months. No, wait, I mean, I didn't study for this class at all. Since it started. 2 months ago. Yeah. Makes more sense. Or not. Uh-oh, brain = scrambled right now. Quick wits my butt...

I miss hanging out... 'twas pretty...

Three hours 'til oblivion. I'm just glad it's only 35% of my mark...

Until next time, I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

LOL! "Only 35% of my mark"... O_o

What's the other 65%?

4:45 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

50% final, 15% assignments/class discussion.

Meaning: STUDY FOR FINALS!!!

9:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home