Thursday, March 16, 2006

Lowered Expectations

Just got my Finance midterm back. I should've friggin aced it. It was my best mark at BCIT. I am thoroughly pissed. PISSED!

I mean, it's not the worst mark in the world, and if I told you guys what I got, I would probably tick off half my readership. But still, from best marks ever, to not even in the top 25% of the class? WTF?!?!

[For those who are still wondering, lets just say that I am less than .4 standard deviations away from the mean.]

It seems to me that now is the time of lowered expectations. This is a friggin horrible feeling. I now cannot go around assuming that I can get ridiculously high marks without regular studying / reading textbooks / etc. I just can't. I'm incredibly annoyed at myself and my lack of focus this semester. But now there's nothing I can do. Except study. For finals. And not sit back and play videogames all day. I guess that leaves out the question of if I'd go to Thailand with my uncle in April before exams...

Actually, in regards to studying, I still have the upcoming psych exam to worry about. So, I must be studying that. Like, all of today. Crap... so disheartening...

I shall now vow that on tuesdays and thursdays, when I have the entire afternoons off, that I shall now head directly to Koerner after classes and sit down and thoroughly study until at least the sun comes down. Or until I get hungry. Or whatever... point is, STUDY = ME.

I miss BCIT... I was able to study without effort there...

Until next time, I guess...

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

yah... i miss kwantlen too... didn't have to study with effort... -_-;;

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Justin, I'm on the third floor of Ikbar, all the way in the north west corner.

I left my phone in my dad's car when I went to go pick maybelle up.

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

You're so not there man, I've been wandering around for like half an hour...

3rd floor, that's the floor w/ that funky room with the spiral staircase, right?

Not like it matters, I probably won't be lookin' at the comp for a while...I'll look around a bit more, and if I can't find you, I'll probably head over to Bernard (who I did find) in a 4th floor east side room.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Spangie said...

CASTING CALL FOR EXTRAS!!!!
when: Shooting from MARCH 31 - APRIL 2
time: TBA
where: MULTIPLE LOCATIONS POSSIBLY IN NORTH VAN
scenes: A SCHOOL SCENE, A CLUB SCENE AND A RESTAURANT SCENE

Be a star overnight!! Leave a message on my blog!!

11:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home