Sunday, March 12, 2006

Anti-Starforce News

Well, to all you people who hate Starforce, here's another reason to loathe that contemptable program/company.

While looking at Celestial Heavens, a HOMM site, there was a news item at the top which caught my attention. About Starforce.

Apparently, the administrator of a Starforce forum made a link to a torrent site with Galactic Civilizations II, as "proof" that piracy hurts sales. Starforce, linking to a piracy site? Illegal and immoral. Subsequently, that link was removed. Stupid Starforce people...

Stardock, the publisher for Galactic Civilizations II, made an editorial on their site in response to this, as well as to a related newsblog article. Basically, they're doing the awesome thing and not putting any draconian anti-piracy software on their games. Instead, they're relying on the awesomeness of their game to sell copies. And considering that they have exceeded sales expectations with minimal advertising (and not even with many reviews up yet), they have succeed. Some say that piracy has increased their sales, through the increase of word of mouth advertising. That's friggin' awesome. Kudos to Stardock.

Why can't all companies realize this?? More importantly, WHY CAN'T UBISOFT REALIZE THIS?! I don't wanna have Starforce on my comp when I buy HOMMV...

Until next time, I guess...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gautam said...

But will HOMM5 be using starforce? I know that I will be buying the game without a doubt in my mind, but I don't want that shit on my computer, either.

10:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home