Monday, March 06, 2006

Post-Midterm Ramblings

My belief in my powers of cramming have increased. Fail turns into pass, and pass turns into an average mark. YEAH that's awesome. However, future exams are now in peril of failure, as one day this cramming technique will catch up with me. But not today!

Seriously though, if I get an average 70-ish mark, I shall be fairly joyful. Especially considering that this midterm is merely 30% of my grade, many more chances to pull up the mark. Actually, 2 chances: collective bargaining simulation [25%] and final [45%]. Oh right, forgot, this is my COMM 392 course, "Managing the Employment Relationship," i.e. my applied O.B. course, i.e. the Labour course.

So yeah, super cramming is so worth it. I'm incredibly thankful for my ability to do so. [see the subtle non-use of words like "lucky" and "fortunate"?? 0o0o0o0o0o...] But yes, my ability to focus intensifies exponentially once a deadline nears. Over the past few years, however, my tolerance towards a deadline has increased steadily, in that deadlines are no longer eliciting enough of a fear-type reaction. As today's cramming has indicated, this shows no signs of stopping. Therefore, I must stop relying on my ability to react to fear in a productive manner and instead start doing homework/readings/studying for the sake of it being there. In other

In other news, mysteries unravel. Unless you don't know what I'm talking about. Then it's still a mystery. Hehe...

Wow, looking outside the window of david lam's comp lab, I see a police car w/ flashing lights in front of Angus. On main mall, I guess. I wonder what's going on... oh right; also, while studying in Koerner, I saw a police car and ambulance outside of the library in the middle of studying... somehow related...??

I still have to finish off Marcella's notes. I'm nearly done, but alas, I have forgotten the file at home. Oh well, homeward bound I be. But man, I still wanna blog, stupid frapp running through my veins, clogging my arteries, etc etc...

So yeah. Just to reiterate, this blog is mainly for the use of posterity, a "day-in-the-life" kinda blog, if you will. I know that sometimes this blog is boring, but yes, it is because I use this blog so I won't forget the best years of my life. I mean, if by some chance Blogspot goes haywire and deletes my entire blog, then I shall probably have a nervous breakdown, akin to suddenly finding your diary/journal has caught on fire for some odd reason. Same shock value and same feeling of loss.

My eating habits have gone to junk. Junk meaning bad habits, and somewhat into junk-food. This kinda annoys me, as I usually tend to eat whatever's available at home (i.e. usually junk / fatty / etc) and whatever's cheap at school (which usually end's up being Meatball sub. Best bang for your buck in UBC!). Perhaps I shall pull an Andrew/Goon and start running. But alas, my laziness rears its ugly head again. I should at least continue going to Hapkido, having gone in 2+ months... yikes...

Hmmm, perhaps this is enough blogging for now. Ability to catch 480 = awesome. Actually spent much time adding things above my "I want to blog more" paragraph, so I'm reasonably spent as it is.

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home