Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Another Round of Randomness

You know where my new favourite place to do my homework is? The Viewing Gallery in the Aquatic Centre. That place is so friggin' awesome. It's so nice up there, all warm and familiar smelling (what w/ the pool smell and all), brings about that awesome feeling of nostalgia. At first I was hesistant to go, as per the "ohh, you just wanna stare at the swim girls" etc, but I realized that wasn't the case for me. Besides, it's mostly 8 yr olds and old guys in speedos anyways. And this might sound odd, but there's something about watching old guys swim laps that is inherently relaxing. Haha.

Did everyone hear about the ferry that capsized near Prince George? Well, here's a cool fact. My dad used to work with this guy on the Ferries as a summer job, and he was an usher at my parent's wedding. This guy stayed w/ the Ferries while my dad went back to UBC. This guy continued to work up the ranks, becoming first mate etc, until he became a Captain. Yes, you've probably guessed by now: The Captain of the ferry that capsized was an usher at my Parent's wedding! That's pretty cool. You know, except for the capsizing part.

Last night I slept at 11 and woke up at 7. I felt deliciously refreshed. I remember having a cool dream / series of dreams, involving my grandma/aunt/uncle's house, except inhabited by "friends", and also a beach with a rising tide and sandcastles, and a camp (like strathcona-style camp), which was connected to the beach by a crazy series of treehouses. Or something like that. Man, I wish I could remember the details, I remember waking up and going "whoa, crazy dream. I gotta sleep 8 hrs more often."

I'm gonna have to wake up at six tomorrow. It's quarter to 10. Sleeptime is now. Goodnight everybody!

That's about it...

Until next time, I guess...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gautam said...

how the fuck does one go about capsizing a FERRY?!

WVOTD: xiatawcs (ziatocks)

12:22 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Apparently they took a corner too close to shore, was offcourse or something. It sank like the titanic, so they say.

Everyone got off, except 2 people are missing. That kinda sucks.

My dad's not sure if his friend was on shift or not, i.e. it might not be the Captain's fault that it capsized.

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home