Friday, October 29, 2004

Wow, I've been slacking off...

Man, it just occurred to me that I haven't really updated my blog in a while...I think I've either been too busy or just too lazy to actually go post something new...but it's not like I haven't had an interesting week :-)

First off, on Monday I decided to go buy a strip of 10 tickets at watermania, thinking that I'd go to the gym / swim a few times a week...I don't know, Shar's been talking about swimming, and I started remembering how fun swimming used to be...I've been going back and forth deciding if I'd actually buy the tickets, but I knew that I really should start to be more active again...I just hope that these tickets won't just sit there in my wallet...

Anyways, after that, I went to school for a bit, "studied" a.k.a. socialized with everyone, and then left for Vancouver (on Victoria and Venebles, to be exact)...my friend lives out there, and earlier that morning he asked if I wanted to be in a quartet with him and two others, so of course I accepted the offer! We're actually going to be doing a couple of Beach Boys songs for the Hawaiian Luau fundraiser thing for our church; the songs are Surfer Girl and Barbara-Ann, if you guys wanted to know. I'm apparently a tenor (a story for another time), so as it turns out, they put me as 2nd tenor...which is the highest one after the super high lead. That was fun...I like being in a quartet...and having a solo, hehe...the last time I did something like this was in Gr. 12, and the song was in Mandarin, lol...

Best lyric ever! Beach Boys - Surfer Girl:
"In my Woody I will take you/ Everywhere I go...ohh, ohhhh"

Funny thing, driving back from Vancouver, I kinda had to "change my destination," as Mohsin would say...driving west on E 1st, I wanted to make a left on Clark to go down Knight bridge back into Richmond...however, it turns out that you can't turn left onto Clark from E 1st, so I kept going...now I kinda started freaking out, because I don't really know Vancouver very well, and I'm heading down the road, watching Science World get closer and closer...(I thought I'd end up downtown or something!)...anyways, I ended up turning left on Main, thinking that I've found my ticket outta Vancouver...however, I got stuck in the left lanes, not knowing that they had to turn onto Kingsway! Now at this time I was more annoyed than anything else...so I ended up turning right on Broadway, passing Main (and feeling like an idiot), and ended up going down Oak into Richmond and back home...

And that was my Monday.

Tuesday and Wednesday was mostly a blur, school and stuff...

From what I remember, on Tuesday we went to eat at Bo Kong, the absolute most bestestst restaurant ever! Best vegetarian food in the Lower Mainland...the seafood actually tastes like seafood! Also, with tons of food, that fed 5 people, the total ended up to be only $45! That's in-frickin-credible! Sorry about that though, Shar...still feel kinda responsible...

On Wednesday, a bunch of us went to Subway, then to Lansdowne...we ended up at Future shop, and Roger got to play his game for over an hour...that was funny, we practically had to pry him away from the controller!

Anyways, earlier today (well, Thursday...), a bunch of us went to Earls to celebrate Angela's actual 18th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA! It was good times, eating and stuff...lol. Oh, and I got to meet Sheena for the first time (I hope, I'm spelling her name right, lol...). Also, it turns out that *you-know-who* wasn't working, so a certain someone wasn't feeling as antsy anymore, lol...
[and as a side note, I'm starting to get tired with that whole joke...I mean, it's funny maybe the first 2-3 weeks, but it's kinda getting old...plus, now she's actually getting nervous because she might actually have to face him, eh? Doesn't need all this extra pressure...]
[Oh, and for all of you that understand, I find it being as annoying as always talking about a certain other friend of ours...which means that I don't really mind it that much, it's more just being overused...]

Anyways, after dinner, we decided to rent a couple videos and hang out at Angela's for a bit. The Day After Tomorrow was alright I guess, but kinda dumb at the same time...from the shreiks from the ladies over Jake Gyllenhaal in his boxers, to the non-physics the movie presented (as pointed out by Mohsin, lol...), I barely had time to be amazed at the crappy CGI wolves that were completely unnecessary! Haha...
The other movie we rented was pretty awesome, but of course, Monty Python is always awesome! "And now for something completely different", I think was the name...hilarious stuff! Funniest part for me definately had to be the whole accounting guy skit...took hilarity to a whole other level for me, since I actually wanna be an accountant!
[As another aside, I hope you didn't get into too much trouble Shar...]

Anyhoo, it seems that I've pretty much caught up with my week, eh? Tomorrow (a.k.a. later tonight...) I'm going to the rehearsal thing for Angela's debut, then afterwards, quickly go to Vancouver to my church so I could practice with the worship team...apparently, it's just not the same without me and my Congas! lol...

Anyways, Until the next time, I guess...hehe



--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home