Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Another Reposting

Anyways, just thought I'd repost another comment from the same blog...spent my blog-writing time on it, so I might as well repost...haha...

Oh yes, the buffet analogy...I've heard this one before...but if I may, I'd like to add to this analogy...

I also find that choosing a religion is much like a buffet, with many different foods etc etc, and that you'd eventually find your favourite food. But what if your favourite food is french fries? Sure, it tastes wonderful, but it's still unhealthy...

I find that many items on the buffet aren't healthy, even though I find them all very delicious. But some foods are healthier than others, and I believe that one food is the healthiest. I also find that it tastes the best.Also, some people try to tell others about this healthiest food. However, most people would rather stick to their favourites, even though I believe those foods to be unhealthy. You can't force people to be healthier. And then there are some other people who profess that their own favourite foods are the healthiest...

But anyways, enough of this analogy...the point has come across...

Other than that addition, I basically agree with Roger. And I commend him for being so open about his faith.

On another note, I have this to say to all the athiests out there: What is the reason why we're alive? I find that the most frequent answer I receive is to be as happy as you can while you're still around. Now happiness can come in many different forms: from friends & videogames to parenthood & responsibility to sex & recreational drugs. However, I find that those people who are deeply religious are the happiest people on earth. You may disagree, but for arguments sake, please follow along. Since deeply religious people are the happiest, then it makes sense to be deeply religious, because that would fulfill your reason for living. But what religion to choose? Well, according to a previous comment, in most religions, as long as you lead a decent life, then it shouldn't matter if you practice that religion; you'll end up in the good place anyways. However, again from the previous comment, two religions say to join them or go to hell. Since practicing one or the other would give a 50/50 chance of going to the good place, then wouldn't it be logical to choose one or the other? By doing so, you'd fulfill your purpose of living by being deeply religious and therefore obtaining maximum happiness, and also have a good chance of making it to heaven if your athiest beliefs were wrong...makes logical sense, no?

It sounds rediculous, I agree...but if you accept the assumptions, then that conclusion is logical...yes, there are some flaws to this, but I'll leave you guys to point them out to me...heh heh heh...

Until next time, I guess...




--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home