Friday, November 10, 2006

A Bird In The Hand?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Seriously, for the longest time, I had NO IDEA what the heck that phrase meant... until last wednesday...

My finance prof was talking about something, and compared it to this phrase, and for the first time in my life, it actually made sense!

First off, think of a bird as a chicken, and as something you need for sustinance. You see, when you have a bird in the hand, it's something you've got for sure. If there are two birds in the bush, sure, you could end up with two birds, but you could also go hungry. Therefore, it's better to have a smaller amount for sure than risking a bigger reward and ending up empty handed.

Soooo cool...

***

I forgot to mention this earlier. When I was picking up my laptop on wed, apparently I saw the newest Canadian Idol on the bus. Except, at the time I had no idea. But, later on in the day, when I was bussing back from school, I just so happened to pick up a copy of the metro, and lo and behold, she was on the freaking cover! I had to do a friggin' doubletake, haha... apparently she's in town for promotions or something.

I mean, I'm not terribly impressed by celebrities, for example I don't even remember her name, but I still thought that was pretty cool... well, enough to worth mentioning, haha...

***

Can't wait 'til I can pick up my futon so I don't have to sleep on a deflated air mattress. Heheh.

I don't have that much more to say, and it's not terribly important anyways, so I go now.

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home