Monday, October 09, 2006

Wannabe Musician...

Yup. 'Tis what I am.

But anyways, I was kinda bored, and still fairly stuffed from thanksgiving dinner, so I decided to finally make a video for youtube, acousticy-guitar style... unfortunately, I couldn't find Charissa's camera, so I did the next best thing and record myself "on my new mp3 playerrrraaaa!!" lol, inside joke there (and I'm the only one in the inside... heh...).

But without further ado, here are a few of my recordings; either my best, or just 'cause I thought my messups are somewhat humerous... heheh...

First off, here's my cover of Jimmy Eat World - Kill. This one's characterized by messups, interruptions, too-fast tempos, and (hopefully) bursts of awesomeness... heheh... but hey, it was my first shot at recording, so I was fairly shaky. Also, my hand started cramping up (as there's some relatively difficult fingering req'd), so I didn't bother doing another take of the song.

Up next is the second take I did of my cover of Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark. This one's characterized by being my absolute best take, until I do what I inevitably do... just listen...

OH RIGHT, and I should mention, I tuned my guitar a half-step down to play Kill, and was too lazy to retune, so the song's a half-step lower than Death Cab's. And also, I don't have a Capo, so I learned to play the non-capo'd chords, which means the whole crazy-insane fingering wouldn't work (and thus I didn't bother learning it). But oh well, I found that it still sounds pretty cool... and hey, if it differentiates my cover from others, then all the better, I say...

Anyways, I think this'll be my last one. It's take three of my cover of Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark. It's overall my best one, as the others are either too fast, or too messed up, or has good guitar but bad vocals (& vice versa), etc etc... this one isn't spectacular, imo, but it's not bad... and thus, worthy of sharing...

[IMPORTANT EDIT - I'm using www.ohshare.com, so when you click on the links, a page opens; click on "download file", which is to the left, below the home/faq/terms/contact bar. Thought I was clever and found a way where you could just download the file directly, but nope. Heheh.]

[Another Edit - I might as well just list the downloads out:

Cover of Jimmy Eat World: http://dl3.ohshare.com/v/3642031/MIC_2006_10_09_00h23m39s.wav

Cover of Death Cab, 2nd take: http://dl3.ohshare.com/v/8800953/MIC_2006_10_09_00h37m18s.wav

Cover of Death Cab, 3rd take:
http://dl3.ohshare.com/v/906363/MIC_2006_10_09_00h43m55s.wav

Just making sure you guys are able to download...]

So I hope you'll enjoy my frivilous romp into online musicianship... someday soon it shall be in video form, and posted on youtube... heheh, yeah, I was going to put up a couple more songs here, but meh, these are good enough for now... plus, I don't wanna let you guys here all of the songs I know before they're up on youtube...

And while I'm on that note, we have the video from Mohsin of the Zombie Battalion gig in June, but as the quality is poor, we're going to try to reconverted the vid from Mohsin's camera again. So, whenever we get around to doing that, it'll be posted. Yup.

Anyways, tell me what you think of my dinky emo-ish covers of dinky emo-ish songs... just try not to lambaste me too badly, heheh...

Until next time, I guess...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamieson said...

Sounds pretty good man.

My only suggestion is when you're playing a song like that and make a mistake, ALWAYS KEEP PLAYING! Or stop the recording and start over. Or don't post it with the error. lol

5:43 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Yeah, for recording, not much point in keeping on playing. First one I posted kinda shows that... I mean, in a performance, definately don't stop, but recording, whatever...

And as per the posting the errors, meh. These aren't supposed to be completed works; these are just giving you guys an idea of what to look for in the future... plus, I found the error-filled ones I posted somewhat humourous, and if I'm the only one who thinks so, then that's alright... heheh...

4:07 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Awesome stuff man.

8:42 p.m.  
Blogger Jamieson said...

Hehe, well it was pretty funny. I just mean if you're actually trying to show us your skills you might want to tine tune it as much as possible. lol

5:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home