Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ugly Betty

Just wanted to say that this show is AWESOME. Although, it is kinda unrealistic (i.e., nice-guy editor didn't take her ideas once she quit?? goodness...), but I find that if the show's good enough, it wouldn't really curtail my enjoyment of the show. So, yeah, AWESOME.

Although, there's one thing I do find incredibly annoying about the show: Betty is NOT UGLY! I mean seriously, I've seen bits from the original telenovella, and some of the other remakes in other countries/languages, and DANG, those girls are unattractive... in contrast, american betty is just ridiculously cute! I mean... well, let's just put it this way: you know the girl I was talking about on my blog a couple posts back? Yeah. Might as well have just said "looks like ugly betty."

However, there's something kinda unnerving about her though... she reminds me sooo much of Kyla! I mean, like mannerism/style-of-speech wise mostly... JUST LIKE KYLA. Heheh... [although, their smiles are remarkably similar also... hehe...]. But yeah, thinking someone on tv is attractive, then realizing she reminds you of someone you know... kinda unnerving... actually, more than unnerving, more like, extremely uncomfortable... but eh, the weirdness passes.

Anyways, that's about all I've gotta say about Ugly Betty. Awesome show.

Until next time, I guess...

[p.s. - in the 2nd paragraph, called her "american betty", pun intended... haha...]

[p.p.s. - for those who didn't get the pun, the actress' name is America... lol...]

[edit - RIGHT, something I forgot... just wanted to add, I really hope that they don't spin the editor/assitant thing into a love-interest sexual-tension kinda situation... yeah, I know, ugly girl gets good looking guy, feel-good story, yadda yadda... but, seriously, the ugly girl / handsome guy scenario played out in movies really bugs me... lets take, for example, the breakfast club: shy quiet girl ends up with emilio estavez and pretty girl ends up w/ rebel guy, but does anyone notice, WHO THE HELL ENDS UP WITH GEEKY GUY??? That kinda pissed me off slightly, heh... numerous other examples, i.e. quarterback ending up w/ bookworm instead of cheerleader, but yeah, too lazy to think of 'em all...

Then again, now that I think about it, perhaps in the case of Ugly Betty I won't mind as much... 'cause of the whole, oh he's actually a nice guy and actually treats her w/ respect from the getgo... and nice guy ending up w/ nice girl, that's cool... I guess my main beef with the ugly girl / handsome guy thing is that usually, the guy is just HORRIBLE, and either treats the girl like dirt or dismisses her completely... but then realizes the error of his ways, she forgives/accepts, and they're together in the end... Not only does this annoy me, but the girl always seems to be dazzled by the mean handsome guy at first, then gets hurt, and THEN the guy realizes the errors of his ways... why the girl just doesn't go for a nice guy to begin with, SUPER ANNOYING...

Anyways, this was quite the tangent... and my goodness, I gotta get up in like 5 hours... stupid rambling on my stupid blog...]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about Love Don't Cost a Thing? the "geeky guy" ended up with the cheerleader. but yeah.. she did fall for the mean handsome guy at first. but still ended up with the geeky guy. [but then again he wasn't so geeky in the end. hehe.] i'm sure i could think of another one, but i'm running late! ;D

9:22 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

When did Ugly Betty come out anyways? I think they should put her back... cause she ain't done yet!

12:40 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

To Reuben: OBJECTION!!

To Valen: Haven't seen that movie in its entirety, but from what I've seen, it kinda irks me that the nice guy had to become a dink/cool guy to be noticed. But, sure, I'll give you that one...

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Gautam said...

I don't think you should have any problem starting a conversation with that girl from ubc.

6:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home