Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blak and Tangibles

For those of you who don't know, people were giving out free Coke Blak's for the past week or so. Basically, it's coke infused w/ coffee extract. Yeah, weird. Here was my reaction upon tasting it for the first time...

*sip* "hmmm, not badddBLECH!! OH JEEZ THAT WAS HORRIBLE!! What's with that aftertaste! Ohhh, aspartame... that's just awful... oh well, maybe I should give it another try" *sip* "oh man, yeah, that was awful... well, actually, I guess it wasn't TOO bad..." *sip**sip* "Actually, yeah, it's not bad at all... tastes pretty good..." *chugchugchug* "mmm, delicious..." *chugchugchugFINISH* "...I WANT MORE!!!"

Yeah, not gonna start drinking that thing... way too addictive... however, as they were giving them out for free again today (in front of DLam, btw), I thought, eh, Charissa likes 'em, I'll take a couple... so I did, and went off to eat... I realized I didn't have a drink, so I'm like, eh what the heck, I'll have a Coke Blak... ... ......

Throughout my last class, I went through a range of different moods/feelings/whatever... at first, I'm like, hey I'm wide awake, cool... but then, about half an hour into it, I got this HUGE headache, I'm assuming from too much caffeine (as I've had those before)... yeah, I'm sensitive to caffeine, go on and laugh... but after the headache went away, I became super-SUPER jittery... then, when my nerves started to calm a bit, my mind started clearing up enough that I actually started answering questions during class... craziness...

But yeah, Coke Blak, can't be good for ya... it's basically just a way to double/triple/etc the caffeine in coke... that being said, man it's nice to be well aware during class...

With that in mind, I definately learned that I need to be in the right headspace, or mindframe, or whatever in order to make proper decisions... yesterday, for example, I definately wasn't... lets just say that I thought that Frolov/Joseph was good enough of a trade for D.Sedin/Vokoun... needless to say, I should get more sleep... as, you know, they won't be giving out free caffeine for much longer...

***

Turns out my midterm doesn't seem to be completely hopeless afterall... now, I bump my expectations from I'd be happy to pass, to I better not freaking fail... meaning, 60% I'd be happy with...

***

Back to the topic of headspace, now that I have (or at least seem to have) it, I'm still thinking moving out would be the best move for me... esp. after last night, what with the me wasting my entire evening either watching tv or doing other such distractions, instead of (say) studying for my 3 midterms, or perhaps doing my marketing project I haven't started on but due next week, or perhaps even start my freaking philosophy paper (which to me is going to be BY FAR the most difficult and BY FAR the most annoying thing I'll be doing this term...). I assume that in this new place, I'd be so bored that I won't have any choice but to study... considering they have no TV, practically no internet, etc...

Note to self: Remember to buy laptop, ASAP...

***

My sentences seem to be a complete mishmash of letters and ellipses... I'm starting to not be a fan of my own writing anymore... I haven't written normally consistently in like forever... and man, it's been a while since I posted any youtube vids too... dot dot dot... yeah, I'm not gonna change for a while... too comfortable in my lazy mind-to-digital-paper format... dot dot dot...

***

In about 2 hours (at 7pm), I have a choice to make... there's this free seminar in david lam, with free food being served, about how to better manage your time, set goals, etc etc... sure, seems dull to me too, but after my horrible september, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt... and, relevance+free+freefood, verrrry tempting...

But then, I was planning on going to fencing tonight, as I know it's incredibly fun, and I know it'll be that much more awesome since Irfan's gonna be there to boot... and I could certainly use the exercise (what little is req'd in fencing)... so that's definately pulling me...

Or, you know, I could actually study for my midterm tomorrow, the rescheduled one from last week's sickness... which I, *coughcough* haven't studied for yet... I mean, I was planning to at 4 when classes ended, but you know, this stupid David Lam Comp Lab always sucks me in... I go, oh yeah, check e-mail, five minutes... but then I check my pool, fiddle around for 20mins, check my blog, decide to spew pages upon pages of crap, waste another 45mins... ... man I feel stupid right about now... jeez, maybe I should go to that seminar...

***

I'm thinking of having my haircut now... like, RIGHTNOW, at ubc... it's only $14, and my usual $10 place jacked their prices to $13, so I don't know... convenience is good... and this stupid mop is starting to really annoy me... and, it's just right there... and, it's another excuse not to freaking start studying, which is an even bigger draw to me... gahh...

You know what? I think I'm gonna go do it... or, if I back out again (as I always seem to do), there's always tomorrow... you know, the time between my midterm and going over to check out the apartment... nope, now's the time...

***

That's about all I can remember at the moment... Here's to hoping the next week will be the opposite of hellish... I mean, considering my midterms, projects due, paper startings... oh man, and especially if my wanting to move out becomes a confirmed reality... gots ta tell my folks... yipes...

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home