Sunday, September 03, 2006

Les Paul, among other things...

I wanna buy a Les Paul. The classic/standard kind. Goldtop looks cool. Also normal sunburst-y.

Just one problem. TOO FREAKING EXPENSIVE!!! It's like $2000 at least, from what I've been seeing online... don't want no stupid melody maker... although, the blue vixen looks pretty cool, but that's still like a grand... perhaps in a few more years...

My church has a Les Paul. It's very nice....

Man, I stayed up 'til like 6:30am looking up this Les Paul stuff.

Well, that, and listening to a whole bunch of so-called third-wave emo... and, yeah, they SUCK.

Hawthorne Heights: SUCKS.
Taking Back Sunday: SUCKS.
Dashboard Confessional: SUCKS. Well, for the most part... annoying wispiness...
Finch: SUCKS. Although, not as hard as the others... I can actually see myself liking them someday... but for now, SUCKS... ... ...actually, I take that "someday" comment back. Too whiney/screamy pop-vocally annoying...


Hmm... perhaps I get horribly blunt at 7am... SUCKS, heheh... not usually that strongly opinionated, I don't think... but no matter...

That being said, I still like Death Cab for Cutie. And earlier, 90's emo, i.e. Sunny Day Real Estate, Jimmy Eat World... and yeah, I also kinda like Fugazi, however strange they are, but yeah they're more influential-to-emo than emo... Man, I so should've been born like a decade earlier...

Anyways, for the last bit of this post, I found some uber-nostalgia from my grade 10... although, beware, as it's pretty vulgar... and, you know, probably not relevant to like 95% of the people who read my blog... but no matter... Azn Pride, yo...

Until next time, I guess...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamieson said...

Might I recommend an Epiphone Les Paul? They're the cheaper equivalent to the Gibson. Not as great quality, obviously, but they go for around $700 I believe. Some are even cheaper, but be careful of the really cheap ones (they suck bad).

11:05 a.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Ooo, epiphone, ehh...? Very intriguing...

5:33 p.m.  
Blogger Jamieson said...

Yeah. They're actually owned by Gibson. So they're the only other company that can actually call their guitars "Les Paul".

5:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home