Saturday, September 24, 2005

Wow, 2 good movies in a row...

My goodness. I just watched a couple of the greatest movies ever.

The first movie I watched was I <3 Huckabees. Bernard was right, that was a friggin' awesome movie...I had no idea Dustin Hoffman, Lily Tomlin, Mark Wahlberg, Naomi Watts, etc were in it, and as good as they were, the unknown (at least to me) lead character was pretty freakin' good too...the movie's about this guy who hires existentialist detectives, or something, to try to track down this guy's coincidence...really, a lot funnier and awesome than I'm making it sound...plus, Jude Law going crazy was pretty fun to watch too...

And after I watched that movie, I was searching through the channels, and lo and behold, another movie I heard was awesome was just starting...

The second movie I watched was Garden State. Hooooooly crap, what a friggin' awesome movie...incredibly, incredibly awesome...granted, the first say 15 minutes was total crap, but that just highlighted the "journey of self discovery" or whatever of the main character...and damn, that guy wrote, directed, and starred in that thing...that one just blew my mind, especially watching it right after such an existentialistic movie in I <3 Huckabees...damn good movie...oh, and as a plus, Natalie Portman never looked so hot...

Anyways, so that was my saturday night...was thinking of phoning some people up, but then I got lazy and watched the end of the football game...heh, lions finally lost, and yet I don't feel so bad...chalk it up to hockey madness, the canucks come back and everyone forgets about the lions...but I'm rambling, this post's about the awesomeness of the movies I just watched.

And nothing more.

Until next time, I guess...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gautam said...

I believe Jason Schwartzman is the unnamed lead that you are referring to. Yeah, the movie was good, but I can't say it was awesome, just because at times it was maddening to watch and confusing at times, but still good. On the other hand, Garden State is fucking awesome. I rated the movie on my blog about 8 months ago I believe, and the movie does kick major ass.

11:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home