Monday, July 04, 2005

Freakin' Awesome Turnaround!

Well then, looking back at the last post, my days since then have just been spectacularly amazing! And since it has been a while since my last uber-boring stupidly-long post, I deem it necessary to create one for the awesomeness of the past few days! Reader beware, your in for a sc...bore!

First off, I did end up not going on Canada day, being that it was all cloudy and gloomy, plus the killer crowds etc...but I did end up going to the dairy queen on fraser (I believe) with my sisters and cousin, so that was nice and delicious to perk me up, especially playing Big 2 in the store while we ate (to kill time for the practice at 8:30)...plus, I saw Nardwar come in to the dairy queen, and that was pretty cool (at least we believe it was nardwar, hat and all, but we didn't wanna go up to him and ask or anything, that'd just be akward...)

Anyways, at the church practice I brought my new acoustic guitar -- my new guitar that I exchanged for an extra $300, that's leagues better than my other guitar, that's black with a blue burst (so it's cool), that's made by Yamaha and sounds amazing, etc etc -- yes, I brought my new guitar to church, to "test out the pickup" (but really because I wanted to play it there), and it was so nice that Uriel wanted to actually use it in the worship service, which I was more than happy to let him use...and man, that guitar really is good!

Church was this multicultural day kinda thing, with like 40 different countries from my church and celebrating diversity etc, so it was nice to see all the people dress up in their different cultural clothings (and Nicole and Krystle dressed up in sari's, haha...), plus the sweet sweet potluck with all the different dishes from around the globe (all vegetarian, which is amazing on top of everything), that was nummy...

After potluck we did some paper mache, vases for the VBS program we're doing next week (oh man, already next week! Oh, as in July 11-15 next week...), except I did jack squat while everyone else got their hands dirty...that was fun though, hanging out with everyone there...

After paper mache we then went our separate ways, so I went home, went on the comp for a bit, and being that it was already 6ish when I got home, I had to drive my mom to work...and since I was in vancouver once again, I decided to call everyone up! So after some people wrangling, we ended up at the park at Tisdall and 49th, and the awesomeness just cranked way up from then on in!

First off, we actually threw the disc around for quite a while! That was just amazingly awesome! Then was volleyball how-long-can-we-keep-it-going thing, then more disc throwing i.e. Jackpot...after that, we just lazed about for a bit, then Melvin and Uriel (I think) ended up in a wrestling match for some reason, and that leant itself for more wrestling and acrobatic fun (and no, it wasn't as gay as it sounds, heh...). There was the game where you're on your hands and feet, facing your opponent, trying to grab each others arms to get you unbalanced and tip over, that was fun...then there was the leg wrestling like the kind in P.E. that was actually kinda fun (besides the whole neckstrain thing of course)...then there was the flipping, which was interesting (with me always ending up sprawling on the ground, heheh)...and there was a whole buch more awesome stuff, of which I cannot remember...oh, plus a late game of Gato! Yeah!!

Anyways, after the park we all decided to go to Bubble Tea on Oak and King Edwards (dragon ball, I think), and that was a riot...there ended up being this pearl-spitting war going on, with everyone spitting bubbles at each other (well, not everone, but enough to be embarrassing in the shop)...yeah, it was kinda disgusting, but it was hilariously awesome at the time...then, when we were outside, Krystle decided to spit another bubble at Daniel...however, being that she sucked it from the straw and released it quickly, mango slush flew all over Daniel! Man, it was hilarious and disgusing to the extreme! Haha, then Daniel chased Krystle, and more hilarity ensued...after that fiasco, we all went our separate ways once again and called it a night...

Today, being Sunday, I went with my uncle and Tim and Alvin, my close-aged cousins, to lunch at Enthuze in Yaletown, which was quite nice...although the beef-strip salad thing did have peanuts (without putting it on the menu, bad restaurant!), I got myself some green curry red snapper, and man was that ever delicious! Man, my uncle's taken me to so many different awesome restaurants...Tim and Alvin seem to be doing quite nicely, so that's good to know...

Anyways, I got home around 2:30, and that's when the excitement began...you see, I had free tickets to the Whitecaps game tonight, so I had to wrangle up some of my friends to come, which ended up being harder than I expected...phoned Rob first, since we hadn't done anything on our week off of work together, but couldn't get a hold of him...then kris, but he couldn't come...them I phoned Mohsin, and he was an 80% in, heheh...so two down (incl. me), and 2 to go...then I phoned a whole whack of other people and none of them could go...I even called freakin' Abraham, but he couldn't make it either, lol...so I decided to call Rob again, got a hold of him, and he said he could come! Nice, 3 down, one to go...so then I tried Shar, hoping she was back from camping, and by golly she was! And she could come to! So after a crapload of trying to get people to come, I just got rob and shar like that! Niice...

So I lazed about a bit until my parents came back from shopping, then went to pick up Rob and Shar (meeting mohsin at Swanguard), so we drove up to Kingsway and Boundary...man I love driving...so after some parking lot fiascos, we ended up parking on Boundary on the side of the Telus building, which is awesome 'cause I saved seven bucks in parking! So I told mohsin about the free parking, then we met up at the gate...

We saw the Whitecaps women's team face off against the Seattle Sounders, and man did the Whitecaps ever show why they were North American champions last year! They freakin' won 4-0!! That freakin' increadible! I mean, it's soccer for crying out loud! 0-0 games are common! Needless to say, watching the soccer game was niice...plus, some of my Kwantlen friends got to see some of my church friends, which was cool...plus, the bubble tea afterwards at Mohsin's Bubble World was quite nice, with the 3 kwantleners plus Krystle Uriel Daniel and Melvin all hanging out...that was a blast...mmmm, lychee slush with lemon jelly, mohsin was right in saying it was the best...

And there you have it, my ultra-low after that weirdass dream making an incredible turnaround into one of the best weekends ever! Awesomeness, indeed...

Until next time, I guess...

[p.s. - I've been a lazy bastard in posting up my bloglinks, so if it bugs you that you're not up, send me a scathing comment and I'll comply]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home