Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Again w/ the Randomness?

First off, a question: is it wrong for 17 yr girl to date 21 yr guy? Also, is there a difference between a 13/17 couple and a 17/21 couple?? 'Cause I think that 17/21 is alright, and it's a BIG difference than 13/17. (From convo from the other night...)

Secondly, should I go to UBC Commerce Frosh?? A video in picture page...I mean, looks good w/ the networking + meeting friends bit, but then there's the whole money issue, plus the whole being shy in a new situation kinda thing...and, do I really wanna spend my labour-day weekend w/ them instead of friends?? (...oh, and MAN! The guy in the video who climbed up the diving board hella looks like me! At least, a gr. 9ish version of me!)

Thirdly, I'm in a tough situation...I mean, w/ work and all, I have limited time...sooo, is it Harry Potter, Catch-22, or Smallville DVD's?! Or should I actually do something semi-productive like learn new songs on the 6-string...?

Fourthly, Shar + Angela + Angeli (sp?) = Fun!

Wait, that came out wrong...crap, now THAT came out wrong too...

Anyways, pool w/ Shar and Angela was awesome tonight, and I gots ta see the infamous Angeli, from Toronto schooling or something? Mmm, bubble tea from that place w/ the bridge over the swamp...Oh, and one more thing, yes I thought Angeli was cute (esp. how she sat w/ her legs kinda up on the seat, uber cute!), plus it was easy to talk to her (big plus), but the whole just-had-a-bad-breakup + going-to-florida was kind of a turnoff...not that I really had a chance anyways, but just thought I'd like to show a small piece of my "is she a potential" mentality I always seem to fall into...

Speaking of my "is she a potential" mentality, I saw Priscilla again today at White Spot (she was working), and it reminded me of everything good and bad about the potentiality of me and her...I mean, she's obviously beautiful, she has a great personality, we have similar tastes in tv music etc (or so it seems), and I seem to get along really well with her, so why not ask her out or something? Well, I'll tell you why...first off, she seems like the Ms. Popular type (but not the mean ms. pop.), meaning she probably has tons of guys clamoring to go out w/ her, and I cannot fathom her choosing me over the hunky/lovable types out there...secondly, she seems to be the party/clubbing/etc type, even if it is in small doses (i.e., still a turnoff)...thirdly, she seems like the type to deserve someone "perfect", meaning someone w/ the whole package, something in which I am not...[p.s., whole package = hunky+smart+funny+kind+etc, of which I fall short on what I found as most important]

In short, Priscilla seems to be the classic "too perfect" type, making me way too intimidated to follow up on anything that could be...then again, the whole touching the side of my arm w/ the back of her hand in a buddy-buddy type manner kinda got me thinking again that there is still the potential if I decide to go any further...

Crap, which leads me too my next half-realization...who out there considers this "brush on the arm" thing as potential to be something more? Because in my usual overanalytical mindset, this to me can fall into the category of flirting, you know, if I decided to finish the loop w/ the "shrug coyly w/ hands in the pocket, smirking cutely, while gazing into her eyes" bit on my end...anyways, point is, I always seem to take little non-important things as relational revelations. I think Vroom summed it up best in their song Dumb Like That: "When she smiled I thought that it meant something else...you were just being yourself, being nice..."

Crap, oh man, just found another reasoning w/ my so-called "crush"...she is also a self-proclaimed overanalyzer...(for those of you out there who know who I'm talking about, yes all ONE of you)...so far, this plus the convo, my reasonings include "nice, easy to talk to, [religious], smarts, wits, cuteness, smile, 'makes me feel hugged', my perceiving ourselves as a potentially good couple, we both are overanalyzers". Oh, and one more to the reasonings: amazingly similar personalities, which I thought was nigh-on impossible...

Well then, I've seemed to have wasted my time once again, thus making me have another 3ish hours of sleep before work...oh well, at least I got some good blogging outta my system. Even if I'm pretty sure next to nobody will read any of this, it feels good to throw out my patterns of thought with girls, a.k.a. my potentiality mentality...

Oh junk...junk junk junk...that sucks with the breaking-uppiness...oh man, it's 2:20am...but I truly wants to help 'im out w/ the staying online...

Crap, I think I really needs my sleep...says it's okay to go bed, but me still feel kinda bad...esp. w/ tonight...junk...junk junk junk...

Man, what a way to end a long-ass blog...

Until next time, I guess...

5 Comments:

Blogger Gadget said...

sniff..
that frosh thing looked like much fun
all bitter about not doing many things in large annonimous groups of random people
no really serious

2:13 p.m.  
Blogger Spangie said...

Hmm ... Funny thing. The whole time before Angeli came I was wondering if you would think she was cute cuz I remember the first time you met Burnaby Jean.OoOooOOOoo .... -hehe-

7:59 p.m.  
Blogger Jamieson said...

Yes, it IS wrong for a 17 year old to date a 21 year old guy.

18 would be fine. Pushing it, but still fine. 17 crosses that line.

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

16+ is A-Ok

11:38 p.m.  
Blogger Jamieson said...

Ewww...

2:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home