Saturday, April 09, 2005

Awesomeness, indeed!

Wow, today was quite amazing...but starting from the top...(or just skip over the boring chronological stuff, heheh...)

Well, was late (as usual) for church, except today was especially rushed, since nobody bothered to wake me up until 10:40!! Rediculously late, especially considering that my church is in vancouver, and starts slightly after 11, and I'm on the worship team! But, surprisingly, I wasn't terribly late...whoa, what am I saying, I missed like 2 songs, I WAS terribly late! Not good, not good...but oh well, lets not put a damper on my amazing evening...I'll just get more sleep next week and wake up earlier! Oh yes, and "Breathe" is especially moving with the chimes going in the chorus..."And I (chimes) 'm /desperate for you.... / And I (chimes) 'm / lost without you..." . Just thought I'd mention it...

Anyways, hen I got home, I kinda just lazed about, eating whatever I could find and what not...then I guitar'd it up for a while, I'd say about an hour...then, amazingly, I actually went and took a nap! And what a nap it was, slept from 4-6! Was quite rested after that one, I must say...

Wel, I guess the reason why I lazed about was because I was waiting for the phonecall from David to go help in the New Start church downtown (i.e. helping pack sandwiches, giving out, etc etc), but then he never phoned! Didn't wanna phone him, 'cause I didn't know when that service ended...bad for phone to ring in the middle of church, really embarassing...but anyways, the point of all this is that I was awakened from my nap by my sister yelling at me that David was on the phone, asking if we were still on for rollerblading! I realized then that the window for volunteering has come and gone...but man, I was so in for rollerblading!

However, I was kinda rushed leaving, 'cause my little sister had to x-ray her mouth for braces, and it was at freakin' 6:45pm! And we had to first pick her up from my cousins on 6 rd., then go to vancouver on victoria! So my parents were practically already outside the door with me still on the phone trying to figure out where we're going to blade! But I quickly told them to just phone my cell when we figured out what's going on...

Anyways, now in vancouver, about 6:45, I phoned him back, and apparently they decided to just go to Krystle's house, cause she wasn't allowed to go farther than a block or so from her house...oh, "they" being David and Alan, btw...anyways, so I ended up going to Krystle's place (in south-east vancouver), and unfortunately I was kinda early, and had to wait for the guys for quite a while! But I did end up mooching some dinner there, so it's all good, hehe...

AND NOW FOR THE WHOLE REASON FOR BLOGGING INSTEAD OF DOING MY HOMEWORK!!!

So when they finally came, it was already quarter past 7pm, and the sun was setting quite rapidly, or so it seemed...but that's alright, no reason to stop our rollerblading excursion! Krystle, David, Alan, and I first went out blading to 57th to Krystle's cousins to get a basketball, and man is it ever hilly in south vancouver! That, coupled with my lack of rollerblading skills, it was quite an experience! Uphill was quite nice though, even if I did get slightly tired near the end there...6 block uphill is quite gruelling when you haven't been active for 3 months!

But, oh man, going downhill lacking blading skills, that's just FREAKY! So many times I was just going waay to crazy fast, and so many times David and Alan had to stop me! Haha, I looked like such a dork, but it was kinda fun losing control like that! Well, until the last one, where I was zooming down the alleyway, almost going into the street, but at the last second David managed to grab my arm and we spun around crazily etc! Haha, that was the only time I was actually afraid I completely lost control, but man was it ever a rush!

Note: LEARN HOW TO STOP, DANGIT!!!

Anyways, after we got the b-ball, we went to Trudeau (or something, the school by Krystle's place) and played some b-ball...actually, we decided to play 21 at first, and man am I ever rusty! Well, not that I was every that shiny to begin with, but I was completely missing the backboard! I mean like throwing the ball over it and everything! Anyways, after 21 we played HORSE, and man that brought back memories! Actual good memories of my childhood for once, with playing basketball in the rain outside of sidaway, playing horse at Shane's house, etc etc...nostalgia city, indeed! Playing through the sunset tonight was quite amazing, too...

And to add to this great day, we also found a small soccer ball in the field, and we starting playing soccer in the dark! Haha, that was quite great, especially when David tripped Krystle face first into the mud!! LOL!!! Accident, suuuure, hehe...Anyways, that was quite fun, being goalie is great, and actually scoring some decent goals brought me further back into my memories of playing soccer at ferris, and in grade 4...man, that was good times! Plus, when we decided to pack it in, playing kick-the-ball-between-the-railings at the school with Alan was quite fun too...and that pretty much wrapped up my evening, seeing that it was already 9:30 and dark out...

But man, tonight was AWESOME!! I mean, what the hell am I doing with my life staying indoors for the past decade of summers??? WHAT THE HECK!!! But man, going out with friends, being active, nice outside...that's just so amazing, I can't find the words to describe it! So I'll just leave off here, ending my post with the realization that friends are awesome, being active is awesome, and summer is awesome; but only if utilized...

Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

[p.s. - I'm kinda getting tired writing these endings all the time...maybe I'll stop soon...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home