Saturday, January 20, 2007

Café Night

WAY better than I expected - I mean, it was PACKED! That's cool.

Food etc was good. But, never had any 'til right at the end, you know, 'cause of the nervousness and what not.

Music was AWESOME! Sooo many people were up there doing their thing, very nice. I did mine, but MAN, I was first, and my goodness I was so nervous. Shaking, wavering voice, flubbing up key sections, etc etc... but, all in all, not bad for first song (BNL - Brian Wilson, btw). Anyways, I was also second to last, playing BNL - Intermittently. That went much better than first song, although it's kinda weird playing the song for someone who I haven't talked to in the past, oh, four years or so... WOW, it's been that long ... but yeah, I still need to watch the vids myself. Then, assuming decency was met, it shall be up on youtube. Heheh.

Next time, comings along with everyone perhaps?

Right, the next time... don't know when that'll be... most likely gonna be a couple months from now... but yeah, gotta bone up on some songs everyone actually knows... I'm thinking, Greenday - Good Riddance, or perhaps something different like Gnarles Barkley - Crazy, or something along that sort. Then again, it's kind of a mellow atmosphere, so perhaps something slow-ish would suffice... ahhhh, I got it: Mariah Carey - Hero. It's friggin' PERFECT! And yes, I thought of that from the Gr.7 assembly connection of Greenday, lol... so very nostalgically awesome...

Anyways, it's 11pm on a Saturday night. I feel like turning in. G'nite everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamieson said...

First of all, Good Riddance (while good) is extremely overplayed and cliche now. As for Crazy, nobody can sing it like Cee-Lo and it's probably not worth trying. Now Mariah Carey...? What are you, gay?

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

"Now Mariah Carey...? What are you, gay?"

Extremely!!

OH SNAP!

11:53 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Cliche = the point.

Crazy, have you ever looked on youtube? There's like two dozen covers already and a few actually sound pretty cool. And it's call a COVER, it's not supposed to sound the same.

Mariah Carey is awesome. Well, WAS awesome. Especially Hero, what with the nostalgic connotations. I grew up on kiss fm man, I love all those early/mid 90's soft stuff. And yeah, soo gay. Real mature.

...ya dinks.

10:38 a.m.  
Blogger m said...

Covering "Hero" is not gay! It's not like you're doing "Fantasy" or "Dreamlover". haha.

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Heheh, thanks Mai.

1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home