Friday, January 19, 2007

Lacking Connection

I'm lacking a solid connection, not sure if it'll go through tonight. But no matter, I type anyhow.

Seems like I've got a nasty habit of leaving a sentence in the middle of typing. I don't know why I do it, but man, when I look back and read it again, sooo embarrassing to read... I mean, it's like

I cooked food today. No recipe, no idea what to do, and then BAM I made salmon cakes. [Emeril pun unintended]. But yeah, my goodness was that ever enjoyable... I was just looking around, seeing what food I have, and then I noticed 4 OLD potatoes (and I mean, like, had stuff growing out of it old), figured I might as well cook 'em. So I stuck them in the oven. But, I didn't just wanna have 4 huge baked potatoes, so I started looking around to see what else I could find. So, I saw some onions and carrots, figured I'd chop 'em up and throw 'em in some oil. And also some garlic for good measure. So, as those cooked away, I found a bunch of herb/spice things, so I chucked 'em in too. And then I thought, DANG, I know what I could make! Fish cakes! So I opened up a can of salmon and chucked that in w/ the veggies. Then I realized I forgot to make breadcrumbs... WHOOPS... so I grabbed a couple buns and stuck 'em in the oven. At this point I took out the potatoes, used one to make garlic smashed potatoes (didn't work out quite as well as I hoped, garlic was too raw tasting), and the rest I smushed up and mixed it with the salmon/veggie mix. Then, formed 'em into cakes. All the while, I sequentially squished the bread into breadcrumbs, stuck the still soft parts back into the oven, then out again, then in again, etc etc... plus, I had no mortar & pestle, so I improvised and used the bottom of a cup and a little bowl (actually working quite well). Making breadcrumbs is ANNOYING and time consuming. But I didn't really mind it as much as that last sentence makes it sound (I always seem to exaggerate on my blogs). Anyways, yeah, eggwash, breadcrumbs, fried it up. Then, DELICIOUS. Those breadcrumbs were actually worth it, they tasted so good, heheh... but yeah, fried things are best eaten right away. I ate one, and saved the other 8 for later. I had half of one when I got home from church, and lemme tell you, not the same as just fried. But, nevertheless, DELICIOUS. Sometimes I even amaze myself... what with no recipe and coming out with kickass deliciousness... heheh...

That was WAY longer than I expected. Sorry guys.

Tomorrow at 7 is the cafe night. If you like free food/entertainment, come along. I'll be doing something. It be fun.

And I sleep now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

Sorry Justin, alternate christian sects scare me so I won't be coming to your Cafe.

Oh, that and the interphase concert ;).

9:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home