Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wow...

But first off, a little comment about the holidays. In that, I never much liked Halloween, for various reasons. And as it's now Nov. 1, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! Ring dingaling and such... oh, and happy politically-correct holiday greetings for the others, etc etc...

Tomorrow, which is technically today, is a big day. It's the first day, technically, that I'll be moved out. WHOA, I'M A VANCOUVERITE. ...although, as circumstances seem to dictate, I might have to stay home Thursday night. Mostly because of the difficulty in driving to burnaby for a church thing in the morning, and, you know, Ugly Betty... heh... no tv = good, but not for thursdays...

Speaking of church thing, I can't believe I forgot to mention this! My church, and others, are having a huge, HUGE, concert event thing on Saturday, November 25. "One Way". And really, this is a pretty big deal, doing tons of marketing and stuff... tickets are selling now, $15 for adults, $12 for students, and free for under 12. Believe me, considering the preparations, and what's the concert's gonna be like, WELL WORTH IT. I have a picture of the promotional thing, but it's on my sister's comp at the moment, will upload later in the week...

Oh man, and after this concert's done, we have to prepare to play at the Chan centre, for friends of Tom Chan (the owner of the place), for his Christmas party... as he's friend's w/ Joey, and jams w/ him regularly (as Chan's apparently a proficient drummer himself), he asked if we would play at his party... and, it's a HUGE commitment, having to play 2x40min sets... and as we had the other big concert thing, we'd only have about 2 weeks of practice... MY GOODNESS, it'll be tight... but SO MUCH FUN. Playing drums is highly enjoyable.

I'm the most procrastinatory person ever... stupid paper, don't wanna start it, already a week late... and now I'm not even preparing for tomorrow's moving, which I should do... and I was supposed to print out most of my notes too... not doing that then... so lazy am I...

I like guitar. I'm kinda in the mood for doing another recording, this time post a decent one perhaps, but lo and behold, THE STUPID COMPUTER'S NOT READING MY MP3 PLAYER!!! And, for that matter, it's also not reading my memory stick, nor is it reading my sister's camera... leading me to think, something's messed w/ the comp's usb... stupid computer...

I'm gonna stop now before I realize it's 3am. And man, that's not that far away, whoops...

Until next time, I guess...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait for One Way!! =D

in a way, i can't wait for that to be over as well so we can start prep for that christmas thing!! =) singing will be fuun~

2:02 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Halloween is the coolest holiday ever. Christmas is nice, but I like the concept of Halloween about 10x more.

2:22 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

Do elaborate on your dislike of halloween.

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Quick and dirty elaboration:

And I assume you mean besides the religious reasonings.

Halloween, I'd assume, was always a time for hanging out w/ friends, pulling firecrackers, having fun, etc etc. This was practically never the case for me, and now Halloween kinda reminds me of that.

And Reuben, I don't understand what's so cool about the concept of halloween. On that note, I don't exactly understand what you mean by the concept...

2:22 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

A day where we celebrate the occult. Well not necessarily the occult, but I've always found ghosts, vampires, monsters, etc. fascinating and cool. I just always liked halloween for that reason. It's a dark holiday and it appeals to my morbid fascinations.

3:31 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

I associate halloween with two things: pumpkin carving and candy. Both are decidedly awesome. I see your POV though.

I think it's too early to be all happy holidays. I like to wait until after exams.

4:50 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

Oh, I agree with andrew's pumpkin carving and Candy position as well.

6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home