Monday, July 17, 2006

...

It seems that it's been more than two weeks since I've had a post of any personal substance. And although the past two weeks have been anything from unevenful, it's not like my "having a life" has made me too busy to blog; it's more that I am so ridiculously lazy that I didn't feel the need to blog. Usually that's a bad sign. But whatever. Here's a recap of the past two weeks, in no particular order:

- My Grandpa was well enough to go back home to Gibsons. Hurray for getting better! But I do kinda miss him, even though we barely spoke to each other or whatever...

- All of last week was VBS, a children's program in my church. The theme this year was Fiesta, so it was like mexico all week. Pretty cool. Once again I was in charge of the "rowdy boys" group, avg. age about 8-9. Oh, and I played the crazy electronic drumkit all week too. That was fun, esp. the latin beats. Yo..... tengo un amigo que me aaama, me aaama, me aaaaama... yo tengo un amigo que me aaaaama, su nombre es Jesus! Heheh... Mexican food pre-showtime for the crew was mighty delicious. [sidenote to myself... don't be so shy... speak to others I do not know... that is all]. Actually, it was kinda more like thurs/fri/sat/sun/mon setup, then VBS for 4 nights. Yup. Kept me kinda busy. Still had crazy bad sleeping schedule, did nothing during the day. But stilll... Yo tengo un amigo que me aaaaaama.......

- I was called into work on wednesday, then they phoned back saying that they weren't canning, and thus I didn't have work again. Then they phoned in on Friday, at 8:30am, when I kinda pulled an allnighter for absolutely no reason, to work at 11:30 to probably 5, which was when I needed to be in Vancouver for VBS, so I said that I couldn't come in to work. I asked if I should come in on monday, and they said to wait for a phonecall. I think I kinda pissed them off... whoops... no money for me this year...

- Missing the past two weeks of Ultimate sucks, 'cause man I love that sport. Last week was b/c of vbs, the week before b/c I was lazy and my leg was kinda gimped up. Oh, plus on the monday a while back (when I kinda gimped my knee), I also kinda busted up my 5 yr old kleats. I'm hoping I don't have to buy another pair, 'cause I still wanna buy a laptop, a pair of new sneakers, plus pay for this yrs tuition (of probably over $4k... plus books, co-op fees, etc...). If I end up working soon, or go on the grouse grind tomorrow w/ Jamieson and co., I'm also thinking I won't make it to ultimate this week either... that is disheartening... Oh, and while I'm on the topic of missing things, I haven't been to hapkido in quite some time, nearing two months now actually... this after not going for like 6... that sucks...

- ...a whole bunch of stuff that I was too lazy to blog earlier this week that I seem to have forgotten.

I wanted to keep these points in actual point form, but as usual, it kinda blossomed out into long posts. So yeah. It's now 5:30am. And if I'm called into work at 7:30am... DANG, I'm so friggin' screwed. Well, as it is, I'm gonna set my alarm for 9am, and phone when I get up. I'm actually hoping that I don't get called in, even if it does mean I'm losing like a couple hundred bucks. Oh well...

Until next time, I guess...

Edit - Okay, so I caved... how can I NOT put up a youtube vid??



JOHNNY QUEST THINKS WE'RE SELLOUTS! SELLOUTS!!! JOHNNNAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Man, I love this song... kickass song from a kickass band (Less Than Jake). And man, I love ska-punk. Or is it punk-ska? Or perhaps it's the negatively connotated "skunk"... oh well, either way, I highly recommend you downloading the album version, crazy awesome bassline to boot. But be wary, as there are several not-so-great files out there, heheh. JOHNNAAYYYY-AY-AY-AAAYYYY....

3 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

Warped Tour is tomorrow.

$42 for tix.

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

What, seriously?! Dang, the summer is disappearing befor my eyes... but man, Warped Tour, mighty tempting...

Although, there's only a handful of bands I'd like to see, and for sure the $42 is gonna balloon to around $200 for the entire day... and I'm not much for the crowds... plus the short notice and whatever... but dang, Warped Tour...

I'm thinking there's a 30/70 chance of me going (i.e. going = 30% chance). But perhaps if you start convincing me, as I assume you're going yourself, those chances could very much flip...

5:49 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

I'm not going.

I have to volunteer.

I would like to.

10:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home