Thursday, June 29, 2006

Friggin' Heck...

Man, I've gotta register my classes in less than 8 hours (9:30am). I was kinda freaking out a bit because one of my extremely req'd course I picked has only 1 seat remaining, so I'm guessing I probably won't be able to snatch that extra seat. This is friggin' throwing off my entire bloody schedule outta whack! Sooooo annoying... was hoping to get to bed at like noon, wake up naturally around 8ish... but nooooo, I gotta stay up figuring out what I gotta do...

Oh well. On the plus side, I no longer have any classes starting earlier than 11:30, so no rush in the mornings. In theory, at least. Also, I gots fridays off (KICKASS!). The downsides, however, are many; although all are easily rationalized away, heheh... I shall explain...

First of all, I won't be able to take Phil 349, philosophy of religion. Man, I was so looking forward to that, as phil classes are fun... but alas, I'm thinking I won't be able to take it...
--> Upside: I could always take it next year. Or next next year, heheh...

Secondly, My classes are gonna end at like 5:30, so my day is pretty much spent.
--> Upside: Mornings are free! Well worth it... oh, plus, I've always got friday to do stuff...

Hmmm... perhaps when I said "many", I really meant two... downsides, that is... Now that I think about it, Plan C doesn't look so bad... heheh, awesome, everything works out in the end...

And now stupid ubc isn't working. STUPID UBC ONLINE REGISTRATION THINGY! Soo annoying...

I'm off to bed. Sleep now...

Until next time, I guess...

[edit, next morning - HOLY FUDGE..... ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT FOR 355 IN 1ST SEMESTER.... I'M FRIGGIN' SCREWED.... dang, and the funny thing is, the Plan C class filled up faster than the one w/ only 1 spot left, heheh...]

[edit, after registration - GAH!!! That stupid one spot left was only for exchange students... meaning, I won't have COMM 355 (Taxation) in the 1st semester (which is highly HIGHLY recommended in Co-op, i.e. better to get a job), so yeah I'm basically screwed... then again, I did already take tax courses at BCIT... then again, it was my WORST FRIGGIN' CLASS at BCIT... gahhh, indeed...

Of course, there are upsides in all of this. For example, I don't have any freaking classes on monday! SUH-WEEET! No wait, scratch that, I switched my classes... now I'm taking a 6/4 classes per semester schedule... less headaches for both Tax and Advanced Accounting... then again, is that worth not having a 4-day weekend?! GAH!! DECISIONS! ... yeah, 4-day weekend it is. 394 isn't supposed to be terribly difficult anyways... No wait, it's not like I don't already have a 3-day weekend to begin with... GAH, stupid me, plus also I wanted to keep 2nd semester open for electives I wanna take once that credit cap is lifted in august... time to switch back... NO WAIT, GAH!!! I need that spot open to see if I can weasel my way into the 355 class that has that stupid one foreign exchange seat left... gah, then again, what're the chances of me actually doing that... gah... stupid too many Plan D options...

So yeah, the upsides...
I don't have any freaking classes on monday! SUH-WEEET! Hahaha... oh, plus I'm able to take that Phil course I wanted also! Awesome! And I don't have to take scary tax with scary accounting! Double-plus-coolness!

Aww, dang... hopefully that'll be worth having to take 6 hrs of classes on tues/thurs, the only break being a 1.5hr lunchtime from 1-2:30... awwwww no, which most days I'll have to take those dumb "pre-employment training workshops" for co-op, which means 7.5 hrs of straight classes! MY GOODNESS! And these are like the crazy difficult courses to boot... actually it's more like horrible marketing teacher / crazy difficult cost accounting / lunchtime workshops / crazy difficult financial accounting / super boring business computer lecture (i.e. not a comp lab). So yeah, man my tuesday/thursdays are gonna suck royally... lol, royally, such a throwback... Anyways, I hope it's worth it. If push comes to shove, I can always switch my easily-switcheable classes...

Hmmm, perhaps I shall write an e-mail to the co-op/registration thingy about my 355 situation now, see if my bcit courses will be enough to attract a job and what not... either way, it's time to stop blogging and time to start doing something more productive...]

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamieson said...

Register on the waitlist. Or if there is no waitlist, check back every few hours to see if a spot opens up.

So far I've gotten into every single class that I've been on a waitlist for. And once I snuck in because one spot had magically opened up.

So keep trying. Hope is not lost!

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger Bernie said...

Same problem here. Trying to get into a microbi course that has 200 seats (there are two left)...the funny thing is that there are only around 80 people in my major. WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE TAKE MICROBI!

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

lol, this is commerce Jamieson, ain't no thing as a waitlist... but that sneaking in thing sounds promising...

And good luck Bernard!

9:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home