Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hapkido Ramblings

Yeah, went to Hapkido tonight. I barely go anymore, which is not good. Now, there's a bunch of good reasons why I should go more often, but there's one reason in particular that I'm gonna ramble a bit on. Basically, Sifu will make you suffer. Let me explain.

Today in hapkido, Sifu (teacher/sensei/etc) was teaching ground locks, joint locks, etc. And due to the fact that I've missed a bunch of classes, I'm guessing, he used me in all his demonstrations. And he holds a couple seconds after you start tapping. OUCH. In another word, PAIN! So yeah, little things like that, he'll make you suffer. But I don't really mind all that much, I just found it kinda funny.

But man, right at the end, he started demonstrating some of the green and blue belt joint locks, and DAMN those were painful! It was kinda funny, he was all like talking about how you could counter arm bars and stuff, and he was showing counters to the counters and whatever, then all of a sudden he said to me "okay, sit!" and I'm thinking, gwah?? Then he puts me into this crazy lock that was like 10xmore painful than the other locks and I was all "GAAHHH!" and toppled over. Heheh, now THAT was painful.

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home