Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Comedy of Errors

I skipped my Finance class this morning. But not on purpose.

Because of my inability to manage my time properly, I ended up going to bed around 3:40 (I was on a roll making my speech). However, I couldn't seem to fall asleep 'til an hour later. Since I needed to get up at 6:30, I'd've only gotten 2hrs of sleep. That'd be enough sleep, considering bus napping and 4-hr-break napping. However, I seemed to have kept my phone on vibrate, and hence I didn't hear the alarm.

I woke up at 7:30 to the sound of my mom in the other room saying "isn't Justin supposed to be on the 7:30 bus?" I was like "whaaa.....CRAP. It's 7:30. Screw it, I'm going back to bed."

I got up an hour later.

But oh, by the time I ate, showered, etc etc, it was already past 9, and I had to catch the 9:10 bus! So there I was, driving like a maniac to the park and ride, doing 90 down Garden City. But I got there, parked, and started walking towards the bus stop, thinking I got there right on time. However, before I crossed the road, I see the 480 stopping on the other side. I start freaking out, 'cause it's still a red freakin' light! GAH! But, thankfully, the light turns green just as the bus stopped, and I start sprinting like I've never sprinted before, dropping and consequently catching my bag in midair. But I ended up on the bus, and everything worked out. I took a nap.

But oh, when I got to UBC, it was already 9:53! GAH, STUPID EVERYTHING! So I end up power walking like crazy getting to Angus; 9:58, I should have enough time. But oh, my class is on the 4th floor! So I try to fly up the stairs getting to class...but again, another obstacle, as the stairs are being renovated, and only one side is open for the hordes and hordes of students going up and down the stairs. GAH. So I had to sit and wait behind the train of people going up the stairs. Highly highly annoying.

Okay, being late for class isn't the end of the world, but after all that happened today, incredibly annoying.

Funny thing is, I've only got this one class today, and I realize that I've done this junk before. Stupid cost accounting, how I despise thee. Not too fond of the instructor either. But meh, I got through the class well enough.

So, after this whole catastrophe, it was time to finally go and buy my books. I then realized that I left my mom's credit card at home, and am now unable to buy my books. Stupid everything, indeed.

So here I am, 4 hrs away from my group meeting, which will only be about 10 mins long, with nothing to do but blog and possibly sleep (since I've got no books). And I gotta get home by 6:30pm, so I'll be able to drive my mom to work. Oh, and I still need to memorize my stupid stupid speech. It's only my 1 credit course, but it's not like I can just forget about it though, because of my stupid "I didn't feel like pulling an allnighter for my paper" thing last semester.

All in all, a pretty crummy morning so far.

[Edit - When it rains, it pours. I finally got my mark back for OB, and it's about 2 letter grades below what I hoped it would be. That sucks. Also, my tuition money still hasn't gone through, even though it's already deducted from my mom's account. Now that's not right. I'm gonna hafta deal with this now. This sucks.]

Until next time, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home