Wednesday, August 31, 2005

AWESOMENESS, but me so lazy...

Well then, so much happened in the past few days...and yet, I'm just so terribly lazy to blog...therefore, reverse chronology is in order...

Today, Tues Aug 30, started off kinda dull. Alls I did all day was watch some tennis, drive my sister & friend to thompson, and played computer. Plus, it was raining fairly heavily, so I did not feel like going w/ Kris to visit Rob in front of the library (and Rob's picture was in the freakin' paper today!! AWESOMENESS!!! Rob's pic in Business section of Vancouver Sun, 'cause of contest)...anyways, not visiting Rob kinda got me into a downer mood...so, it's a good thing that freakin' Rock Climbing was planned for tonight! And man, that was a blast, as usual...

This time around, there were tons of people (say over 15), and man did the time ever fly...rock climbed a bunch, and man that was so awesome...in fact, it was WAY better than last time, 'cause now I wasn't in freakin' agony the entire time! Wooo!!

Hmmm, lets see who was all there...there was Me, Mohsin, Reuben, Chui, Nate, Mark, Kyle, Vikki, Emily, Bernard, Sheena, Patrick (Sheena's 8 yr old bro! Crazy awesome climber...), Mai, Agatha, Jacob, Jason, and Sharon (?? Don't quite remember...). Yeah, tons of people, but AWESOME!!!

Afterwards we did the BP thing, hung out, etc etc...fun times for all and what not...good food, good laughs, even more awesomeness!!

And that was my Tuesday...

On Monday, I went to freakin' UBC and got my Card and U-PASS!! Wooooo, free transportation!! Heheh...so yeah, Alan came along w/ me, showed me around UBC for a bit, then we went to the beach...

Now, Monday had some crazy weather...at first, in the morning, it was pouring like crazy, and when I left the house near noon, it was still fairly cloudy and gloomy; therefore, jeans. However, by the time I was at the beach, around 3ish, it was amazingly sunny and blazing hot. So, we decided to throw the disc around, lol...Needless to say, after about half an hour, I was really starting to feel it, esp. w/o a source for agua...

After the beach, we decided to head off downtown, walk around the place and whatever...so, I went past that stretch of Granville again, seeing just how changed it really was...and man, it's changed soooo much...no more are the likes of the Rock Shop, nor Cheap Thrills...I mean, now where am I gonna get my green/blue hair dye from??? Boutiques?? Alls they got are the dinky punky colour, or worse...I miss my manic panic...but I digress...

After hanging around downtown a bit, we went to Tom Lee and fiddled w/ the guitars, then as that got boring (or rather, when I realized I was still dying of thirst), we ended up going to Burger King, with Alan getting the cheapo $2 burger & fries. Needless to say, we got this with glasses of water...not nearly enough water, but oh well...(killer later...)

So, after burger king, as well as some more wanderings (incl. going to the Art Gallery / Robson Square, passing the Cuban prisoners protest thingy), we decided to head off to Richmond, to some crazy bubble tea experiences!

Well, other places were closed at the time, around 5-6ish, so we went into that bubble tea place that used to be Uncle Willy's...goodness there, even if it was $5...but man, I gots me some mint ovaltine...deliciousness, indeed!

So, after we filled ourselves on beverage and tapioca, we headed off to Rush to play some old school fighting games...Alan, being the better of the two of us, crushed me handily in all but one battle...but fun times, indeed!

Well, by this time, it was already about 7:10, so Alan went back home in vancouver, and I ran to Hapkido. Yes, I really mean RAN. I didn't wanna be late once again...however, the problem w/ running is that it's tiring as heck, esp. if you were walking all day, esp. if you never had enough water...and esp. if you're going to freakin' Hapkido!! Not to mention that he freakin' pushed that class quite a bit...however, later on it was quite cool, learning new joint locks and takedowns etc...but man, did that ever HURT!! I think this was the first class where I was in any actual pain, at least inflicted by others...pretty freakin' awesome, joint locks are!!

After Hapkido was the semi-obligatory Danny's market run...just went the slushy route this time though, pretty good, plus half the price of a screamer, lol...

And that was my Monday...

On Sunday, it was pretty crazy. Well, I realized afterwards that it was pretty crazy, at least. So, what did I do? I freakin' went to netaholics and played Warcraft III for nearly 8 hours, that's what!!! Me, Alan, Kris, Rob, and Clinton all played Warcraft III, me and Alan right around noon ('cause I wanted to get the most outta my $5), then Kris Rob and Clinton came, but it was busy as heck, so Rob stayed and waited while Kris and Clinton

I did realize one thing from that day though...man, I suck at Warcraft III...no, worse than that, I'm HORRIBLE!!! I think I'm just not good at RTS's in general, but man it was never so apparent as it was that day...I know I've never wanted to be anything more than average, hence why Doug is my freakin' hero, but man, it sucks when you're less than mediocre...I could probably improve quite a bit, and I probably will after Kris gives me a burned copy of the game, but in the meantime, dang I stink...I mean, I'm consistently at a lower level, lowest in points, and always the first castle to get destroyed...but I say, oh well, playing w/ friends is still fun, heheh...

Anyways, after the marathon gaming, we all went to White Spot afterwards for fooding...and oh man, that was fun times to the extreme!!! I mean, with the whole Kris ordering a Chocolate Blueberry Cappuccino milkshake to the call for the waitress by Rob (YO!!!), that was quite awesome...

And that was my Sunday...

Anyways, the past couple days made me glad that I wasn't working during this time...I mean, it was so freakin' relaxing, I can't believe how different the summer feels without working...that being said, I'm so glad that I'm working tomorrow, 'cause I'm really starting to feel the pressure of not having enough money during the year...I mean, I wanted to buy an mp3 player, plus both my sisters expensive presents (i.e. dvd sets & own mp3 player), but I don't know if I can actually do that anymore...boo, no monay...

Hmmm, I am working tomorrow...in less than 6 hours...how wonderful, time to go to sleep...stupid me and my having to write down every single awesome day that goes by, heheh...

Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

Fun times..

Fun times...

8:18 p.m.  
Blogger cs said...

you write LONG


yes, rockclimbing is funzors, and your vancouver trip (well it was an everywhere trip i suppose!) sounded fun too!

2:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home