Saturday, April 30, 2005

Nice...

Yesterday was fun...after I gave up on doing my application, that is...

First off, went with my sisters to the mall, used up a couple of hours...clothes to video games to music store, was fun...then we went to superstore, where I saw Roger working there (always awesome!), and apparently his more-than-potential is a Sevy, and more than that, I actually know her! That's just cool! She goes to the Richmond church (I go to Vancouver church), so I've seen her a few times...and come to think of it, from what I remember of Leah, they really do seem to make a good match! But as he said, it's a little complicated (more than just the usual Roger complications too), but I still wish him all the best. And to think, if he made the move 5 months ago when she was first interested, something would've happened...haha, he who hesitates is lost, indeed...

Anyways, after superstore, I was dropped off at Reubens, and man that concert was AWESOME! From the awesome musicality of it all, to the awesomeness of the covers (Sweaters! That was genious! ASSHOLE, Reuben you were amazing!), to the kickass encore, to the most awesomest part of all, THE MOSHING!!! YEAH!!! FINALLY MOSHED!!! Haven't done that since forever...but man, at first I was just making a fool of myself, jumping around like a maniac...I'm just glad as hell that Drew joined in, a few more minutes of my aloneness and I would've sat...but man, some actual moshing was underway! With the two-person crashing of drew and myself, to me bouncing off of Kieren (he was like a friggin tree out there!), and even Jake and Mark joined in on the awesomeness! YEAH!!! Too bad Nate was camera guy, though...I don't know, I think if he was out there, I probably would've been moshing to WAAAAY more songs than just that one...oh well! Oh yeah, and crazy awesome new hairdoo, too!

Then after the concert at Reubens, we all went over to Andrews for Andrewpalooza2, which I must say was fairly awesome too...it was quite hilarious, if I say so myself; the group pretty much split off into two groups, the drinkers and the non-drinkers. The drinkers decided to go off and play King Beer, being all rowdy and what not (as per normal party-like activities), while the non-drinkers went off to have a discussion about politics, philosophy, and religion...that was just awesome! Hahaha!

Anyways, as the party was winding down, Army Chris brought out his guitar and played for a while...he was actually starting to teach me a few things too, like strumming properly with a pick, and especially the cool fingering stuff...I don't know, at the party it was difficult as hell, but when I got home and tried it, after like 2 tries I got it down pat! That's just rediculous! I'm actually fingering decently now! CRAZY...

But yeah, that was the party...and I've gotta say, I wish I'd have gotten to know Andrew better before he leaves, he's a pretty awesome guy...
----
Church this morning...late, as usual, but still ended up playing congas...and man oh man, there was this cute little flip girl, Joyce, singing in front of me...very cute...wanted to talk to her in the break for offering, but didn't know what to say...oh well, hopefully I'll see her again sometime...(oh, and apparently Krystle's trying to make her come to our church more often...awesome!)

Anyways, I gotta go back and finish up my application before it's too late...however, when I saved it yesterday, it said that it was due on May 6th on the javascript popup, so I might have more time...hmmm, but on the actual website it still says May 1st...oh well, don't wanna risk it! Gotta do it now, I guess...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo!
I don't know you, and we've never met. But I found your blog while seraching for "delicious foodings" on Yahoo. Anyway, you seem really cool. Rock on, my friend.

Stay cool,
-Greg and Will

P.S. Hope the applications were not too stressful.

9:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home