Thursday, February 10, 2005

Dag Nabbit...

Well then, the past few weeks have been an incredible slide into personal obscurity...I don't even know what that means...

But the point is this: There is absolutely nothing redeeming about anything that I've done recently. I feel like I've done absolutely nothing, and I'm probably right. I've spent most nights watching tv, or surfing the net, or whatever until waaaay too late...tonight being an example, as it is 3am...

To put some numbers on this whole event, I have 3 papers and a math assignment due next week, and I haven't even started any of it! Too busy watching buffy, or playing foosball, or checking out the funny movie sites, mostly...this sucks!

Jackie could've given me a ride home at 4 yesterday (well, haven't slept yet so feels like today), but instead I decided to stay at school and do jack all instead...I then played hours upon hours of foosball, actually becoming so foosball'd out that I couldn't even get a goal on the three-bar with no defenders...stupid Adam and his "I'm so much better than you that I can mock you by going rediculously easy and still win" demeanor...bah!

And you know what? Stupid Adam and his lack of giving out the freakin e-mail list! I wanna know Dianne's e-mail, and I'm always waaaay to petrified to ask myself! I was going to today, except I gots that whole chest cold thing going for me..."so hey, what's your e-mai...*cough cough* *hack phlegm hack* *cough* ...ail?" I don't think so...

Heh, I'm always having an excuse...first it's cause I was eating, then with the strike, then with the running off too quickly, then with the ignorant Rob jacking my spot next to her last week, and today with my phlegminess...

I don't even know why I decided to ramble tonight...haven't really had the will to recently...maybe it is the whole culmination of rediculousness that I'm continually dumping on myself, or the realization that I've got my priorities all wrong...or maybe it's because of a serious lack of sleep combined with mild illness-induced delirium...heh, I'm liking the semi-delirium theory myself...except I'm not so spaced out that I start to feel death itself, like I usually do...but anyways...

Man...enough of this...I've got myself a few new realizations...

#1 - Friends are overrated. They shouldn't hold such a big focus. My wanting to run w/ friends, even though I'm sick, even though I had to wait 'til 10pm, even though it was cold as hell, contributed to my lack of homework-doing, and lack of doing anything at all...no more of that!

#2 - Foosball/Pool/etc. is overrated. As Robert has warned me before, I'm started to neglect every single other aspect of my life (both academic and otherwise) just to waste a crapload of hours onto a game that I'm not even terribly good at...no more of that!

#3 - Relationships are overrated. Either that, or I'm just a dufus for not trying harder to get one in the first place. Or maybe I should just realize that I do not need a significant other to rationalize my existance, as I did a few summers ago...or was it last summer...either way, no more of that!

#4 - Religion is extremely underrated. In this recent period of slothful idleness, I feel like I've become spiritually empty. This, above all else, is the crappiest. And yet I still do nothing...stupid spiral downturn into my own personal obscurity...I don't even recognize myself anymore...ahhh, that's probably what I meant by that...but you know what? No more of that!

Hmmm...well that's good and all, but will I actually put any of this into effect? Oh, the irony of idleness: you realize what you gotta do to snap out of it, but you're too lazy to do anything about it...stupid lack of motivation, killing my pontential for success, as it has to other I know...

Well then, it's late enough, time for the getting of the snoozing of the lying down now on the couch en mher jhaven schoile...

[And to think, I was just going to post "This sucks..."] heh...

Until next time, I guess...


--> As told through the mind of an introverted extrovert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home