Monday, April 02, 2007

Whoops

I went to go eat something at around 11. Then, I told myself, I would go and start my project. That's due tomorrow. That's worth 30% of my grade. That I haven't started.

Over four hours later... I'm back on the comp. Whoops.

I don't think I take this schooling thing very seriously.

On that note, as it turns out, my last cover letter started out like this:

Dear Ms. Lady-person

[yadda yadda yadda]

Thank you Mr. Stephenson for...


...YEAH. I didn't proofread my cover letter before I sent it. LOL, oh well. I guess I don't take this co-op stuff very seriously either.

My priorities are definitely out of whack.

Also on that note, it's like superlate, I've got a project due in which I haven't started, and here I am blogging. Why I no start early-ier...

...heheh, tv.

First, it was mythbusters at 11. Then it was southpark at midnight (MAN, I finally saw the scientology episode! BRILLIANT!). Then the simpsons, with the "april foo-BOOOOM!!!", you know, when Bart shakes the beer can and Homer goes into a coma... soo awesomely nostalgic. And then I got sucked into a Tom Green movie (by this time, I was kinda out of it... I remember saying out loud "buwahaha! He just got smack in the face with a tennis ball! That's so awesome!" ...yeah. But he was all good-hearted screwup, and was good w/ the kids, and yeah heartwarming stuff. And then it was friggin RUSSELL PETERS! On TELEVISION! I had to at least watch some of that... so yeah, and now here I am, 3:30am, haven't even begun to do my project... haha, stupid television...

But I kinda needed the relaxations...

...haha, what am I talking about, I slept at 5am last night bumming around on the internet (I guess I couldn't really go to sleep after the talking, thoughts in my head are all fiddle faddle foo), and I woke up at like 12:30, and I went out w/ my uncle to eat brunch at Pastis on 4th (man, smoked salmon and goat cheese crepe... DELICIOUS!), and then went to silvercity in richmond hoping to catch Zodiac, but it's not freaking playing anymore which is ridiculously stupid as it's only been out for like less than a month! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?! But yeah, ended up watching 300, on friggin IMAX! That was incredible... the movie was SWWWEEEEEEEEET!! I haven't seen an action movie like that in forever...

...

Uhh... I typed too much...

I think I have a fear of forgetting my memories. Which is why, once I started to blog, I REALLY started to blog, writing down junk so that some day I can go back and read it all and remember things I've forgotten.

I guess that's why I destroyed that other one. Some things are meant to be forgotten.

Maybe that's why Flowers for Algernon was so awesome. Or, at least, part reason why. Although it could've done without the sleazy filth. Kinda pissed me off that he was all, I love this girl, but I'll just go and sleep with the other and feel nothing...

CRAP, that was a spoiler, heh... but yeah, short story much better I presume. I haven't read that since gr. 9...

You know what's also from grade 9? POKEMON. Summer after grade 9, it was pokemon cards. Now, every song from summer '99 reminds me of pokemon cards, lol. Actually, more specifically, of Gibsons/Sechelt, sitting in the car, hoping that z95 was able to reach their...

Holy crap now I really wanna work in Sechelt... gotta apply to that... but NO, must stay in vancouver! Really really want to stay! But... perhaps last ditch effort working in Sechelt? Man... that really would be rather awesome...

Argh, I kinda messed my train of thought... was gonna mention how listening to the z95 music survey whatever thingy had a bunch of songs from that time. I don't remember what they were... but yeah, the main songs I remember off the top of my head is Christina Aguilera's Genie in a Bottle, and Wallflowers The Only Difference...

Dang I gotta cover those songs...

Man, what happened to my "more praise" thingy...

Haha, that title was funny because it was an allusion to emo music... wait, allusion? Is that right? Gah...

Why I write odd? Me lose brain, uh oh... hahahaha... why I laugh...?

I laugh b/c that was from the simpsons episode I watched! FRIGGIN CLASSIC! And the funny thing is, it was a friggin' clip episode, with like minimal new material, but the new material was friggin' brilliant in its own right! Aw man, that reminds me of the perfect example of this...

OooOOoooOOooooooo...

OoooOOOOoooooOOuuuhhhhhghghghghgh...

Haha, go simpsons musical!

Time for youtube...

No, time for stopping of blog...

No, time for FRIGGIN HOMEWORKINGS

I blog too much. Perhaps I'm lonely, and perhaps I feel like I'm tricking myself into believing that I'm talking to someone, and perhaps the fact that someone WILL eventually read this kinda justifies this feeling.

And perhaps the fact that I'm overachieving academically is making me not want to do my project in the hopes that I will get a final grade that I actually deserve. Like last semester. I crapped up horribly last semester, due to obvious (and not so obvious) reasons, and still ended up with "decent" marks. Sure, I did get kinda upset at my choking, maybe, but yeah I finally had a semester where I got the grade I deserved. Average. Average...

See, I strive to be average. Hence the blogging and no working. I've never wanted to be anything more than average, the average joe somebody. Perhaps it's more of a wanting to fit in w/ the rest of the crowd thing. That actually makes a whole whack of sense. Me = average, means me = more accessible to more people, perhaps?

I am suddenly reminded of a memory of when I was, like, 3. All my cousins (which were, like, 3-5 yrs older than me at that time) were tossing a balloon into the air, which then came down again, then they all tried to hit it up again, and then it came down, everyone went to hit it up, down, up down etc etc. But me being much younger, and thusly much shorter, I was never able to hit the balloon myself. Man, I felt so left out... and the funny thing is, I actually have a picture of me crying in the middle of my cousins, all trying to hit a balloon.

Wait a sec... shorter...? ...IS THIS WHY I STILL GET ALL UPSET INSIDE WHEN PEOPLE KNOCK ME ON MY HEIGHT?!?!

Wow, this blogging thing is like a one-man freudian psych session, hahaha...

...

Right after I wrote that, I went off and searched the canucks forums. I promptly realized my procrastination and closed the window.

Perhaps I should do the same right here.

But yeah, cool insights tonight. Although I feel like I've learned them before, perhaps while sitting alone thinking in my bed as I always seem to do too much of before I sleep. But yeah, point is, now it's written down. For posterity.

Yeah... gah, I need a girlfriend...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a girlfriend will only make you happy if you are happy with yourself prior to the relationship
IMHO

7:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home