Friday, April 06, 2007

Mish-Mash

So today I decided to bus back to Richmond, watch the Canucks game tonight. Didn't clinch, bah... but that's besides the point. The point is... well, I'll start over.

So I boarded the 480, listened to my mp3 player, put my head down in kind of a half-sleep thing, when I notice that this girl sits next to me. She was, like, crazy familiar... and then I remember where I saw her, she was sitting in front of us during the Engineering video thingy in the Norm theatre. So yeah, I kind of remembered her, and I think she kinda remembered me... so, it was kind of that I-sorta-recognize-you-but-I-don't-really-know-for-sure-so-I-won't-say-anything awkwardness. But, you know, I kinda at least wanted to say hi, or something... so, what to do...

At first, I was just listening to my mp3 player. Oddly enough, it was looping "23", which ironically had the following lyrics:

"You'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time / what are you hoping for?"

So, after hearing these lines, oh, 5-6 times, I had enough and put away my mp3 player. You know, realizing that to even have a chance of something remotely similar to a conversation, I should probably be able to hear what she'd potentially be saying to me...

So I turned off my mp3 player. I think she noticed. Perhaps thought it was a little weird. At least, that's what went through my head. So after about 5 mins of just sitting there, contemplating how to say hi, with the words "you'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time" resonating in my head... I did nothing. Yay me.

I didn't want to look like a complete weirdo, just sitting there after turning off my mp3 player... so I decided to phone people. You know, ask them if they're doing anything on the weekend and whatever. Which is what I was going to do once I got to my place, but since I felt kinda akward and whatnot, I phoned people.

After what felt like a long time (it was about from arbutus to the bridge, on the 480), I figured I phoned enough people. But now I was just sitting there, staring out the window and what not. Super akward, as it was kind of in that past-the-point-of-saying-hi stage, you know?

So I just sat there like a dufus until I got to Richmond centre. And now I'm paranoid that she labelled me a weirdo or something. But no matter, chances are I'll never see her again. Oh well.

...

Yeah, I guess that was just a long-winded way of trying to say that I find it hard to start a conversation w/ people I don't really know. How awesome.

Oh, and Reuben, do you know this female engineer? The best way I can describe her is "tiny white girl". I know it sounds a little, you know, but whatever. It's 3:30am, gimme a break...

***

Terra Naomi is hella annoying. I mean, she's an AMAZING songwriter, but... man, her singing is just... GAH! Too much vibrato, too much warble. It detracts from the song, imo. Take these two vids for example, one of Terra Naomi's "Close To Your Head", and one of melbow5 doing a cover. The cover is FRICKIN' AWESOME, but the original... not so much.

Terra Naomi - Close To Your Head


melbow5 - Close To Your Head


Just felt like mentioning this...

***

WOW YOU GUYS. I thought I found the most amazing thing on youtube:



...but then I found THIS:



HE'S ONLY FRIGGIN' 11 YEARS OLD!!! ELEVEN!!! That's, just... my goodness...

***

While we're on awesome acoustic guitar versions of classic 80's rock songs, check this out:



If you're gonna skip ahead, DON'T MISS 1:25. Friggin' incredible...

Oh, and also, this video (along with poopfemur's videos) makes me wanna get a thumbpick. They look super awesome.

***

Awww, why not... more acoustic guitar awesomeness!



***

And now... time for some ukulele awesomeness!



***

I think I might have overdid it a little w/ the 5 million youtube vids here, heheh... sorry guys!

***

Gotta stop skipping classes. But, you know, it's kinda mostly a little too late for that, haha... LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!!! WOOO!!!

But yeah, skipping class to play chess w/ the guys, super awesome fun time yay. Heheh.

***

I haven't written this long a post in what feels like forever. I dont' know why.

...oh yeah, I remember now. It's 4:15 in the morning. Heheh... heh...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rohbit said...

The clip of the guy playing Toto's africa on guitar is fuckin awesome.

I'd forgotten about that song completely. It got me to listen to "Rosanna" as well. Good ol Jeff Porcaro and the half-time shuffle.

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

And I'm posting again because I just saw the vid of the guy playing "living on a prayer". That's class.

6:17 p.m.  
Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

But Reuben, you ENJOYED the videos!

*gasp*

12:45 a.m.  
Blogger Rohbit said...

I just read your thing on the female engineer.

If she's a tiny white girl, with short blonde hair, and blue eyes, then I know her. Her name's Kirsty and she's in Electrical with me. In fact, she'd have probably been in the ECE bully video had it not been for her exams etc. She's a good kid, part of the 2005-2006 batch of Electrical Engineers. She's a bit quiet at first, but she's a really nice person and doesn't seem to be the judgemental sort. Just mention my name if you do initiate conversation. Something along the lines of:

"What faculty are you in? Engineering? Wait, do you know Reuben? That's probably why you looked so familiar.." etc. You've been in my building enough to maybe have seen her.

8:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home