Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thinking ...or not.

Funny how I know exactly the right amount of time to study for just the right amount of material to be able to at least understand the entire test. I don't feel like I failed, but I do feel all 70% screwed now.

As this is my last midterm in a while, I'm hoping not to use that ridiculously stupid term for a while.

...oh yeah, Access quiz tomorrow. Heheh.

And now onto a rant.

I've probably mentioned this once or twice to you guys before, but what the hey.

Whenever I'm walking / taking the bus / other things of that sort, there is a trend that I usually take. I don't really have a name for it, but basically it goes like this:
I have two pathways to the same destination. On one path, I notice a pretty lady walking. I choose that path over the other.
OR
I'm waiting for the bus w/ a pretty lady. I obviously let her on first (you know, gentlemanly and what not). Then she sits down. I now have a choice between 1) a seat where she is readily visible, and 2) not readily visible. And so I choose 1.

I'm sure half of you out there this this is normal, while the other half thinks it's rather creepy. But let me tell you, it's not like I stare, or even glance over on a regular basis. It's just that, when I so happen to look up, or around, or whatever, I just so happen to glance at a pretty lady. Plus, it's not like I go out of my way to do this; if no-lady path is faster/easier/etc, I go there. Laziness EFFICIENCY trumps all, I guess.

Personally, I find this reflex-like tendency of mine to be rather annoying. I remember, back in the non-single days o' mine, I went out of my way to do the EXACT OPPOSITE. I prefer not to have the temptation (or whatever) when I already have a girl of my own.

But that got me thinking. I remember a time where I WOULDN'T EVEN NOTICE OTHER GIRLS. Now this goes WAY back now, back to the times of my first serious crush. To me, back then, there was only one pretty lady. Everyone else paled in comparison. Now THAT was a pretty awesome feeling.

...for all of like, two weeks, until it all blew up in my face. But that's a story for another time.

I guess what I wanted to say here, now, is that ever since that time, I haven't really experienced that same feeling; that not-even-noticing other girls kinda daze. I want to have that feeling back again, even if it is somewhat of a self-induced dementia. I don't mind.

***

Hey look, it's like I'm back to the old me.

Ah, similes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home