Friday, February 24, 2006

Beautiful Day

Today was an awesome day. Although I didn't get any studying done. Oh well...

[Edit - I realize that, at least for this post, I'm reverting back to my "this is how my day went" mentality; again, so I don't forget the awesome day. So, in other words, BORING. Perhaps. Or maybe not. Read on if you dare...]

First off, met up w/ Kyle, Jamieson, and Andrew in the Commerce lounge, not before a bit of horseplay w/ the calling of the cel and the me not noticing that they were right to my left, heheh. Awesome stuff. Also saw a bit of the game. Go Finland! Then went to SUB, saw Bernard for a bit, and hung out in the eating area for a bit more. Then, with Kyle & Jamieson heading off to class, Andrew and I decided to go for a walk.

We ended up going down that road towards Spanish banks (East Mall? Westbrook?). And let me tell you, especially on a nice sunny day like today, it was AWESOME. Lots of big grassy areas I had no previous knowledge thereof. So we went down, ended up at the beach area, which today had a really awesome view of everything, especially of the snowcapped mountains; one in particular looked especially powdery and awesome.

As it was 3:30 by this time, and was planning on meeting up w/ Kyle at 4, Andrew was at a crossroads: continue walking through beautiful Vancouver, or walk back uphill towards UBC. He decided on the former. Heheh. I thought that the bus on 4th was just up ahead, so we just kept walking. And walking. And walking. Alls the way to Jericho park. In hindsight, that was a LONG walk, hehe... but, nonetheless, Vancouver was BEAUTIFUL today! As in, spectacularly gorgeous. Quite nice.

We then took the 4 on 4th back to UBC, met up w/ Mark & friends for a bit, but decided that hanging out in Koerner Pub being all cramped while not being able to hold a conversation w/ people we don't know would be slightly awkward, so we ended up kinda bailing on Mark. Sorry man. But yeah, bussing home time ensued. Actually, on the 41st, we met up w/ Reuben & his friend Paul (who was rather quiet, much like I would've been in his situation actually). So yeah, talked a bit on the bus and such. Awesomeness.

I mean, today was awesome just for reasons like that: completely unexpected outbursts of socialization. I was planning on just sitting all hunched up over my books today, but instead, awesomeness ensued. So cool! I remember, around noonish, after a bit of comp (incl. my last post), and after a slice of pizza, I was all kinda bummed and didn't feel like studying as it was so nice out. So I headed over to the commerce lounge, and BAM! FRIENDS!!! More awesome than I can think of.

BUT WAIT! My day has not yet been completed, as tonight I ended up going to Church (as per usual, well, sort of). So after everyone got off on Granville, I continued to bus down to my church. And it wasn't exactly per usual, as I left before the next day praise team practice started.

Instead, there was a practice of the big concert thing we're doing this summer, which is going to be a rediculously big and awesome production thing. EVERYONE'S INVITED! Yup. So yeah, ran through "One Way", and our different parts in that song. Especially for recording, which we're going to be doing, and not only using that recording as a backtrack to make a fuller sound during the production, but also to sell at the concert! So that was rather nice. Also ran through "As the Deer" a bit, a more contemporary version. "Don't use Thee!" "But I like using Thee, it sounds TRADITIONAL!!! Hahaha!"

And also of incredible note, we also had a mini vocal lesson! More precisely, I learned that the reason why rock singers have that edgy voice is the fact that they heavily use their glottal voice (as compared to their aspiration voice). Also, it is pretty much exactly the same as the classical, operatic voice in terms of methodology, with the only difference being the style.

We also practiced using our glottal voices. I LEARNED HOW TO HAVE AN EDGIER VOICE!!! That's so freaking amazing. I learned to have an edgier voice in the span of 10 minutes. So cool! And perhaps now I won't be all really quiet when I sing anymore. Bonus!

So yeah, alls in all, I had a pretty freakin' amazing day today; everything from hanging out, to awesome walking, to edgier voice. Sweet freakin' goodness, I feel awesome. And tired. Oh so very tired...

Until next time, I guess...

--> As told through a mind. My mind, to be exact.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU! not THEE!!
seriously. =P

its very consistent in how it goes..

YOU're my friend and YOU are my brother even though YOU are a King... i want YOU more than other... YOU alone are my strength, my shield, to YOU alone may my spirit yeild... YOU alone are my heart's desire, and long long to worship...

YOU!!

if it we were to switch it to THEE, then the rest of it would have to change to...

Thou art my friend, and thou art my brother, etc.. =P

so there. snicker*

11:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home